Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

James Cameron to Reboot TERMINATOR Franchise

James Cameron To Reboot TERMINATOR Franchise; DEADPOOL Helmer Tim Miller Will Direct

With the rights to Terminator set to return to James Cameron in 2019, the Avatar helmer is looking to reboot the franchise alongside Deadpool director Tim Miller.

Didn't they try that with T Gen? It was a confused hot mess, or a new term from RLM, a dumpster fire.

This is the same Cameron that went on about a Holy Bloodline thing based on a false and altered grave box found in a tomb, but when later proven it was fake, he was like, meh.

I appreciate that T2 was an action movie, but there are some glaring effects errors, (the truck that changes from broken to the top ripped off as the biggest) and the curious fact not often known is they filmed some of the exteriors of Skynet in Sunnyvale, (and in Fremont) and the building is still there. It's a city management building with the slope.

The new ones haven't brought so much interesting things to the table. The two where they did the war were lacking, but with different directors. T Gen was not trying to be a funny mess, but it was.

I thought Avatar was more Pocahontas than Dances with Wolves, and more Thundercats than Andorians. DWW was of course Pocahontas done modern. The Navi (natives) were clearly like Thundercats, but did not have a sword with magic powers. It was a tree instead, which he got from the Disney Pocahontas movie.

Titanic was highly overrated. It was basically Love Story on a sinking ship. It was the acting that sold it, and the hit song.

The Abyss was boring! The last 20 minutes was implausible. They recover the drowned person and somehow the alien brings her back, and no, she would have been quite dead. It had a soapbox speech every few minutes. It was totally political. And it was one of the 'sea themed pictures' of that year, along with Deep Star Six, Leviathan and others. The grating lady shouting 'Bud' all the time kept reminding me of something else, possibly the Simpsons. 

Aliens was a hoot. It was fresh if not original, although it did take from the first one and made it all action.

So my my opinion James made three good movies, T1 (which he liberally riffed from Ellison) and T2 (which he kind of riffed from Ellison again), and then made a bunch of vanity pieces, and Aliens. 

Titanic is watchable, and it made a billion, but it is not really all that great. The CGI face on Winslet is a hoot, as is the rubbery wall scene, but meh.

His specials on the Titanic are cool though.

Avatar was very pretty to watch, but the story was Pocahontas meets mystical cat things.

Edited by Chimera82405

The Abyss was boring! The last 20 minutes was implausible.

And... the Terminator is perfectly within the realm of plausibility?? :dontgetit:

Titanic was highly overrated. It was basically Love Story on a sinking ship. It was the acting that sold it, and the hit song.

Yeah, and Star Trek is just a bunch of guys watching TV on a spaceship... 

The Abyss was boring! The last 20 minutes was implausible.

And... the Terminator is perfectly within the realm of plausibility?? :dontgetit:

Yeah, and Star Trek is just a bunch of guys watching TV on a spaceship... 

Titanic works for me as a historical re-enactment in many ways. I love the 'you are on the ship' feel. And, yes, it's melodrama like a finely cured ham, but there is something there about the economic caste system in the world in the microcosm of the ship, so it's not completely bereft of something 'more.'

Sign in to follow this