Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kc1966

What now for Star Wars

28 posts in this topic

For all we know, we won't ever see an Episode X.  

If memory serves, in an interview during the original Star Wars Trilogy of A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi, Mr. Lucas stated he had/mapped out three trilogies and started with A New Hope because he felt it was the best episode that could serve as a stand alone movie even though it was the first part of the second trilogy.  He stated he hoped to then go back and do the real first trilogy (the infamous prequels) and then finish up with the last trilogy that dealt with what happened with the Republic after the rebellion was won.  I have no idea if they are still following his plan/ideas but if that is the case that would mean there would not be an Episode X.  However, it doesn't mean there won't be other Star Wars movies as Disney has already begun fleshing out the SW universe.

^
They're not.

Disney departed abruptly from Lucas' alleged vision with Episode 7.  It's unlikely they're following his guidelines for the remainder of this trilogy.   And if I recall correctly this would've been the final trilogy in Lucas' 9 movie saga as well, since he said the plan was 4-6 first, then 1-3 and 7-9 later. 

Disney may be following his plan numerically, but far different in concept. 

For all we know, we won't ever see an Episode X.  

If memory serves, in an interview during the original Star Wars Trilogy of A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi, Mr. Lucas stated he had/mapped out three trilogies and started with A New Hope because he felt it was the best episode that could serve as a stand alone movie even though it was the first part of the second trilogy.  He stated he hoped to then go back and do the real first trilogy (the infamous prequels) and then finish up with the last trilogy that dealt with what happened with the Republic after the rebellion was won.  I have no idea if they are still following his plan/ideas but if that is the case that would mean there would not be an Episode X.  However, it doesn't mean there won't be other Star Wars movies as Disney has already begun fleshing out the SW universe.

^
They're not.

Disney departed abruptly from Lucas' alleged vision with Episode 7.  It's unlikely they're following his guidelines for the remainder of this trilogy.   And if I recall correctly this would've been the final trilogy in Lucas' 9 movie saga as well, since he said the plan was 4-6 first, then 1-3 and 7-9 later. 

Disney may be following his plan numerically, but far different in concept. 

This.

Indeed Lucas has been a bit passive-aggressive about the fact that, they are not only deviating from what he'd planned, they have no particular interest in his input.

All the better, if you ask me.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0