GustavoLeao

Carrie Fisher

Disney Reportedly In Negotiations With Carrie Fisher's Estate For Future STAR WARS Appearances

Star Wars: Episode VIII may not be the last time we see Carrie Fisher's Leia Organa; according to a new report, Disney has entered negotiations with Fisher's estate for her appearance in future films.

Gross!

Oh come on... really?  I sincerely hope for one of two options:

* The negotiations fail, or...

* It's for a quick shot that doesn't require audiences to look upon a CGI living death mask of the late Fisher.   That is utterly distasteful. 

kenman   

Good. Seems so callous to just replace the deceased with some cartoon of her. I personally didn't see the need for most of the CG characters in Rogue One...and I really think casting movies with dead actors is not only a tad unseemly...it also seems so backward thinking. Instead of creating new characters and looking for new talent...let's just go back to some well known character played by a dead actor because some nerds will clap when they see REFERENCE. 

OFFICIAL: Lucasfilm Will NOT Bring Back Carrie Fisher's Leia Organa With CGI

A reliable news organisation recently claimed that Carrie Fisher's estate is negotiating for Disney to use her likeness in future Star Wars movies, but Lucasfilm has now issued an official statement.

^
Good.

Nice to know that they're showing some taste and respect.