GustavoLeao

Carrie Fisher

57 posts in this topic

Just heard it this morning.

Damn it.   This year has been a true d!ck punch.  So much talent lost; so many died so YOUNG.

F--k you, 2016 indeed.  

She will be forever remembered from Star Wars, but she was also present in my childhood as the jilted bride in The Blues Brothers, and the Burbs.  And she was also present in When Harry Met Sally, a movie that my wife and I both enjoy.  And as I noted above, she was a writer and script doctor...she will be missed.

That's the role I most remember from Carrie Fisher, she was brilliant in The Blue Brothers.

RIP.

She will be forever remembered from Star Wars, but she was also present in my childhood as the jilted bride in The Blues Brothers, and the Burbs.  And she was also present in When Harry Met Sally, a movie that my wife and I both enjoy.  And as I noted above, she was a writer and script doctor...she will be missed.

That's the role I most remember from Carrie Fisher, she was brilliant in The Blue Brothers.

RIP.

Who IS that girl?

I still remember seeing her at my first San Diego Comic Con in 2004; she was witty, sardonic and her SW anecdotes brought the house down (and in the 6,000 seat venue of Hall H?  That's a tall order).  That was my first exposure to the more 'real' Carrie Fisher, and it came just when I thought I couldn't love that woman any more.  She was so frank about her past; it was damned refreshing.  I don't think she ever did a typical pre-fab response press tour in her life.  She was fearless.

I also loved this quote of hers I saw today, "I don't want my life to imitate art; I want my life to BE art."  Amen.

Thanks for that wonderful memory, Carrie Fisher.  You truly belong among the clouds... :(

RIP Carrie Fisher.

Episode VIII will take on a new meaning, as Carrie's footage has already been shot and she will be in it.

RIP Carrie, you are one with the force now :(

I've read that in the next SW film we will finally see Leia actually use her force powers. How sad we'll finally see this (if it's not just a rumor) knowing that she's been gone for a year by then (I believe it opens Dec 17 doesn't it?). 

RIP Carrie, you are one with the force now :(

I've read that in the next SW film we will finally see Leia actually use her force powers. How sad we'll finally see this (if it's not just a rumor) knowing that she's been gone for a year by then (I believe it opens Dec 17 doesn't it?). 

If it's true, I expect she will kick ass.

Debbie Reynolds too. Eerie.

They should not recast a CGI Carrie Fisher. It would be fine at the end of episode 8 to say she went off with some diplomatic mission. The character doesn't have to be written in or out based on the actor, and it is too soon. Episode 8 should actually not have much of the original cast. Maybe she just has a cameo in 8. They already have her footage. Let the new cast members do something so it's not riding on the originals. Too soon to recast.

Edited by Chimera82405

Defintely do not recast Leia. Take another year to rewrite the script if necessary, but please don't recast another actor for the role. I could deal with a CGI Carrie Fisher saying goodbye, though. Perhaps even as a force ghost...

RIP Debbie Reynolds. It's surely upsetting for the rest of the family to lose two loved ones within such a short time, but perhaps losing her daughter was just one blow too many for Debbie Reynolds...

Defintely do not recast Leia. Take another year to rewrite the script if necessary, but please don't recast another actor for the role. I could deal with a CGI Carrie Fisher saying goodbye, though. Perhaps even as a force ghost...

RIP Debbie Reynolds. It's surely upsetting for the rest of the family to lose two loved ones within such a short time, but perhaps losing her daughter was just one blow too many for Debbie Reynolds...

Yeah, I suspect that might've been the case.

Very, very sad.

I just remembered Carrie was the voice of Peter's boss on Family Guy. Well, that's easy enough to recast.

Debbie Reynolds too. Eerie.

They should not recast a CGI Carrie Fisher. It would be fine at the end of episode 8 to say she went off with some diplomatic mission. The character doesn't have to be written in or out based on the actor, and it is too soon. Episode 8 should actually not have much of the original cast. Maybe she just has a cameo in 8. They already have her footage. Let the new cast members do something so it's not riding on the originals. Too soon to recast.

Her role is substantial, Luke's, too, for that matter.

Yeah, I suspect that might've been the case.

Very, very sad.

Seems poor Debbie Reynolds genuinely died of a broken heart.   So awfully sad...:(

I second(or third) the notion of not having CGI Leia for the upcoming movie. As others said, a passing CGI cameo is one thing for R1 but her presence in the Star Wars Trilogy is heftier and I presume she probably had a larger role in this next upcoming movie given Han's death. 

What a kick in the crotch this year turned out to be. 

Worth reading:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/jan/03/carrie-fisher-sharon-horgan-so-real-it-was-dangerous

BTW, if you haven't seen it, Catastrophe in which Fisher appears as Rob Delaney's mom is incredibly funny and really worth seeing (available on Netflix in the USA).

I was talking with a former boss of mine (and still current friend) last night, and we were both fans of Fisher; we were laughing over some of her more memorable roles.   I was reminiscing about seeing her at my first Comic Con.  I also recently saw her on Youtube at a old roast of George Lucas; she skewered him!  :laugh: 

With her considerable, formidable wit?  I would've hated to cross her, that's for sure... :giggle:

She never knew me or my friends, and we never met her, but she left us with a lot of good memories all the same.