GustavoLeao

Carrie Fisher

STAR WARS Actress Carrie Fisher In Critical Condition After "Massive" Heart Attack

Sad news tonight as it's being reported that Star Wars legend Carrie Fisher has suffered what's been described as a "massive heart attack" while flying between London and Los Angeles.

This was posted as well in the SW general discussion thread too.

Here's hoping she pulls through and onto a speedy recovery.   Saw her in 2004 at my first San Diego Comic Con and her hilarious interview was a highlight of the convention for me.   

Carrie Fisher is a delightfully frank, incredibly intelligent, wildly witty and fabulously sardonic personality and I think this world is that much better with her in it.  We need her now more than ever, too.

At any rate, she is one tough princess and the force is strong with her.   I've got fingers crossed and many best wishes beaming her way...

Integral   

Bummer!

I know she is very famous for Star Wars, but she was brilliant in the Blue Brothers as the jilted bride seeking revenge and also her role in When Harry Met Sally.

Hope she recovers soon because it's never good having heart attacks at that age...

kenman   

She is also a noted Hollywood script doctor, very prolific in that field (often an uncredited position that polishes scripts to tweak them so that they can work).  Currently, her mother Debbie Reynolds has stated online that Fisher is, indeed, in stable condition.  So that is hopeful at least. 

She is also a noted Hollywood script doctor, very prolific in that field (often an uncredited position that polishes scripts to tweak them so that they can work).  Currently, her mother Debbie Reynolds has stated online that Fisher is, indeed, in stable condition.  So that is hopeful at least. 

She's even worked on projects as out-of-her-assumed-wheelhouse as Lethal Weapon 3.   She's a talented lady.

kenman   

She's even worked on projects as out-of-her-assumed-wheelhouse as Lethal Weapon 3.   She's a talented lady.

Lethal Weapon 3, the Wedding Singer, Last Action Hero...like I said, prolific.

Sim   

Good news!

She's a terrific lady.

Saw the meme somewhere: "Nice try, 2016! I'm too badass for you!" <-- hope that holds!

Good news!

She's a terrific lady.

Saw the meme somewhere: "Nice try, 2016! I'm too badass for you!" <-- hope that holds!

Don't taunt 2016... I think it still has plenty of horrible things up its sleeves.   We just lost George Michael at age 53 (!).

Sim   

Good news!

She's a terrific lady.

Don't taunt 2016... I think it still has plenty of horrible things up its sleeves.   We just lost George Michael at age 53 (!).

Well I just hope 2016 will realize it's over on Dec 31st. I wouldn't appreciate all this just going on in 2017...

Good news!

She's a terrific lady.

Well I just hope 2016 will realize it's over on Dec 31st. I wouldn't appreciate all this just going on in 2017...

I'm thinking of building a 2017 shelter under my house...:laugh:

Sim   

Good news!

She's a terrific lady.

Wait for 2020. Maybe 2016 and 17 will still look pretty good in retrospect, then. (Always the optimist. :P )

Good news!

She's a terrific lady.

Wait for 2020. Maybe 2016 and 17 will still look pretty good in retrospect, then. (Always the optimist. :P )

I try to be as well... sometimes my optimism supply needs replenishment. :laugh:

kenman   

She will be forever remembered from Star Wars, but she was also present in my childhood as the jilted bride in The Blues Brothers, and the Burbs.  And she was also present in When Harry Met Sally, a movie that my wife and I both enjoy.  And as I noted above, she was a writer and script doctor...she will be missed.

Her thoughts on death and dying from a month ago:

“Do you fear death?” interviewer Andy Greene asked. 

“No. I fear dying,” Fisher answered. “Anything with pain associated with it, I don’t like. I’ve been there for a couple of people when they were dying; it didn’t look like fun. But if I was gonna do it, I’d want someone like me around. And I will be there!” 

The actress added, “I’m not going to enjoy dying, but there’s not much prep for that.” 

Link