GustavoLeao

DS9 Documentary Helmed by Ira Behr

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

zTTVnNI.gif

.... and DSC will be a huge hit, and DS9 will get a blu ray release, and I can eat mountains of dark chocolate forever without gaining weight.  :P

See, it's easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robin Bland said:

See, it's easy.

:laugh:

Optimism via enhanced interrogation. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news today ! I will receive my screeen credit as "Reseacher" for the DS9 doc closing  credits ! This makes me more excited with Trek since the end of DEEP SPACE NINE seventh season in 1999 ! Yay !

Gus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

Great news today ! I will receive my screeen credit as "Reseacher" for the DS9 doc closing  credits ! This makes me more excited with Trek since the end of DEEP SPACE NINE seventh season in 1999 ! Yay !

Gus

Congrats.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. This is what I all wanted to do as  a fan. I was pleased that they asked me back after FOR THE LOVE OF SPOCK.

Okay, next !

Gus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really really really want to see this. Not only is DS9 my favorite Trek series, it's also my second favorite tv show period (nothing can surpass Buffy the Vampire Slayer for me) and I'm salivating at the idea of a documentary about this incredible show. TNG, much as I adore it, always got more press and got movies, so DS9 deserves a closer inspection.

 

Also, I want Ira Steven Behr's Kira freedom fighter shirt that Nana Visitor is seen here wearing:

zsh6hk4gassn4cdywyfs.jpg

GIMME!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm definitely looking forward to this. It would be neat if they reveal things that not many people know about, like they did in the DS9 Companion book. I'm also interested in hearing what they would have done if they had been given another season. Not that the show needed another season, but it's still quite a cool concept. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenman   
2 hours ago, Deep Space Niner said:

I really really really want to see this. Not only is DS9 my favorite Trek series, it's also my second favorite tv show period (nothing can surpass Buffy the Vampire Slayer for me) and I'm salivating at the idea of a documentary about this incredible show. TNG, much as I adore it, always got more press and got movies, so DS9 deserves a closer inspection.

 

Also, I want Ira Steven Behr's Kira freedom fighter shirt that Nana Visitor is seen here wearing:

zsh6hk4gassn4cdywyfs.jpg

GIMME!

That is a great shirt, if it wasn't such a high donate price to get that shirt, I woild've donated just for that! I hope it goes on sale at some point at a reasonable price!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe me, the DS9 doc will be amazing. Adam Nimoy an excellent director, as anyone who has seen FOR THE LOVE OF SPOCK can tell, and the producers and Behr know how to bring surprises to the fans.

Gus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GustavoLeao said:

Believe me, the DS9 doc will be amazing. Adam Nimoy an excellent director, as anyone who has seen FOR THE LOVE OF SPOCK can tell, and the producers and Behr know how to bring surprises to the fans.

Gus

Looking very forward to this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deep Space Nine: What We Left Behind Panel & Sneak Preview Panel This Week at Las Vegas Convention

[Sunday 12:15 Main Stage/Pavillion]

We are really looking forward to the upcoming Star Trek: Deep Space Nine documentary What We Left Behind, in which I am working as "Star Trek researcher", the same work i did in For The Love of Spock.

Following a successful crowd-funding campaign this year, director Adam Nimoy and producer Ira Steven Behr have been adding more interviews and footage for this doc to take you inside the show. Joining Ira and Adam will be documentary producer David Zappone, editors/producers Joseph Kornbrodt and Luke Snailham, and producer Kai de Mello. We can’t wait to see what they have to say and show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GustavoLeao said:

Deep Space Nine: What We Left Behind Panel & Sneak Preview Panel This Week at Las Vegas Convention

[Sunday 12:15 Main Stage/Pavillion]

We are really looking forward to the upcoming Star Trek: Deep Space Nine documentary What We Left Behind, in which I am working as "Star Trek researcher", the same work i did in For The Love of Spock.

Following a successful crowd-funding campaign this year, director Adam Nimoy and producer Ira Steven Behr have been adding more interviews and footage for this doc to take you inside the show. Joining Ira and Adam will be documentary producer David Zappone, editors/producers Joseph Kornbrodt and Luke Snailham, and producer Kai de Mello. We can’t wait to see what they have to say and show.

I will do my best to attend that panel.  I will be at the Vegas convention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kenman   

I wasn't in Vegas, but the TrekCore article about the panel is interesting:

http://trekcore.com/blog/2017/08/ds9-doc-team-previews-what-we-left-behind-at-stlv/

Specifically in regards to the possibility of remastering clips in HD...they have been in talks with folks who worked on the CG in the 90s and still retain digital elements....and they will have remastered HD battle sequences from Sacrifice of Angels!  That is exciting, if there is one thing I had to choose to see in HD?  It very well could be that! Very much looking forward to this doc! Hopefully they can get the ball rolling in some small way towards remastering the show.  Maybe just for All Access at first?  Eh?  Make my $6 worth it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

How was the panel, Sehlat ??

Too much fun.

Gus

It was nice, but I didn’t stay for all of it (I had a LOT to do and see that week; as my photos will attest; see: my blog link within my signature).   I did run into Ira Steven Behr in a hallway and shook his hand, but I didn’t get a photo of it (he was in a rush, as was I).   Seemed nice enough. 

But regarding the panel?  I loved how the panel members all adopted Ira Steven Behr’s blue beard... :laugh:

36367568796_530435c084_h.jpg

And it was always nice to see Adam Nimoy again; I’d met him briefly a couple times.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now