Sign in to follow this  
MadamHoney

Festive greetings

Just a quite introduction, I'm not new as such, but I haven't been here for quite some time (couple of years maybe?!) I don't know if any of the same people are still around, but anyway. I shall get myself reacquainted.

I'm a big Garak fan, and DS9 is my favourite series. Not mad about the new version but it could be worse! Looking forward to seeing what the new series is like!

Welcome home, Madam.  Yep, most of the regular suspects are still around in various degrees.  Like you, I found Garak to be one of the most intriguing characters on DS9.  He could light up any episode in which he appeared.  You'll find a wide range of opinion regarding the new movies as well as expectations for Discovery.  Don't let the doubters drag you down.

Just a quite introduction, I'm not new as such, but I haven't been here for quite some time (couple of years maybe?!) I don't know if any of the same people are still around, but anyway. I shall get myself reacquainted.

I'm a big Garak fan, and DS9 is my favourite series. Not mad about the new version but it could be worse! Looking forward to seeing what the new series is like!

Welcome back!  

And I'm a big Garak fan too.   One of the best supporting characters in all of Star Trek. 

Hi MadamHoney - welcome back! :)  I remember you! *waves*

Hey Mr.P!!!!!!! Nice to see you're still around. "waves" back!! How are things with you?

Thanks for the greetings everyone. Yes, Garak could certainly spice up an episode, it's no wonder they decided to make him pretty much one of the main cast in the end. One of Trek's best creations.

Look forward to talking to you all about Trek and other things. :)

Hi MadamHoney - welcome back! :)  I remember you! *waves*

Hey Mr.P!!!!!!! Nice to see you're still around. "waves" back!! How are things with you?

Thanks for the greetings everyone. Yes, Garak could certainly spice up an episode, it's no wonder they decided to make him pretty much one of the main cast in the end. One of Trek's best creations.

Look forward to talking to you all about Trek and other things. :)

Heh! I was away for quite a while myself but I'm back now. Things are basically the same as ever, only with even more fannish enthusiasm now. :laugh:

Welcome back! DS9 is my favorite series too. I also like ENT a lot, but I find that DS9 has more staying power.

Welcome back! DS9 is my favorite series too. I also like ENT a lot, but I find that DS9 has more staying power.

Boy does DS9 have staying power.  I rewatch that and it still feels fresh and modern, and when I recently rewatched one of the better fourth season episodes of ENT it actually felt dated and a tad stale in it's presentation. 

I can watch DS9 over and over however I've only watched Enterprise once all the way through. It had it's ups and downs (and I certainly preferred it to Voyager!!) but overall, it wasn't so great. I can rewatch most of TNG too, although it does seem a little dated, it's still enjoyable.

DS9 is actually my all time favourite TV show, not just Star Trek. The character development is excellent and they're likeable too, makes such a big difference.