Mr.Picard

My Favorite Co-Worker Almost Gets It Right

I had my last day at my current workplace yesterday (now I have two weeks off and then start somewhere else) and my co-workers came with tons of thoughtful gifts. One of them was a HUGE box filled with cookies from France. (The border is so close, one of my co-workers always goes there on the weekends and buys ALL the cookies because they're much cheaper there.) Everyone knows how much I love France and French food, so this gift was really touching. Eat ALL the cookies! (And hide them from Jean-Luc, otherwise there won't be any left after ten minutes. :laugh: )

Another, smaller gift made me laugh out loud though. My favorite co-worker (who has no idea about movies and franchises and whatnot) saw something at the supermarket and got really excited because she thought it would be the perfect gift for me since I love that franchise so much. So she bought it and proudly showed it to her husband when she got home and said it was for me because I like "Captain Picard, he's not on one of those I don't see him, but I'm sure it'll be an awesome gift anyway, there are so many series, this just is one that doesn't have him, right?" and her husband simply FACEPALMED and said "omg Honey NO". Because she'd bought me this:

IMG_5450.thumb.JPG.25d5c7b0402c91077cd2a

She was all like "I'm so sorry, my husband yelled at me, he said it's the wrong one, are you mad at me now please don't be mad!" How could I be mad? It's the thought that counts - she thought of me when she saw it and went ahead and bought it, thinking it would be a perfect farewell present. It's so pure and innocent somehow. lol And hey, there ARE no Trek chocolate lolly thingies. Last time I heard something about chocolate and TNG was the First Contact chocolate they sold back then when that movie was released.

Besides. IT IS CHOCOLATE LOLLIES. How can I not love them?

Sim   

A really nice gesture! :)

Who can say "no" to chocolate? :laugh:

Besides, TNG lollies in Jean-Luc shape might be too awesome to eat and you'd maybe even like to keep them instead...

I had my last day at my current workplace yesterday (now I have two weeks off and then start somewhere else) and my co-workers came with tons of thoughtful gifts. One of them was a HUGE box filled with cookies from France. (The border is so close, one of my co-workers always goes there on the weekends and buys ALL the cookies because they're much cheaper there.) Everyone knows how much I love France and French food, so this gift was really touching. Eat ALL the cookies! (And hide them from Jean-Luc, otherwise there won't be any left after ten minutes. :laugh: )

Another, smaller gift made me laugh out loud though. My favorite co-worker (who has no idea about movies and franchises and whatnot) saw something at the supermarket and got really excited because she thought it would be the perfect gift for me since I love that franchise so much. So she bought it and proudly showed it to her husband when she got home and said it was for me because I like "Captain Picard, he's not on one of those I don't see him, but I'm sure it'll be an awesome gift anyway, there are so many series, this just is one that doesn't have him, right?" and her husband simply FACEPALMED and said "omg Honey NO". Because she'd bought me this:

IMG_5450.thumb.JPG.25d5c7b0402c91077cd2a

She was all like "I'm so sorry, my husband yelled at me, he said it's the wrong one, are you mad at me now please don't be mad!" How could I be mad? It's the thought that counts - she thought of me when she saw it and went ahead and bought it, thinking it would be a perfect farewell present. It's so pure and innocent somehow. lol And hey, there ARE no Trek chocolate lolly thingies. Last time I heard something about chocolate and TNG was the First Contact chocolate they sold back then when that movie was released.

Besides. IT IS CHOCOLATE LOLLIES. How can I not love them?

Is that Dr. Spock from that Star Track show?  Hehe...

But yes, indeed.  It IS the thought that counts.  ;)

Sim   

Some guy told me that Dr. McCoy was the 7th Doctor. No idea which Dr. that Dr. Spock was... :laugh:

Maybe he was the 6th Doctor. Number 6. That makes him that guy who was trapped in that village with the large white bubbles... I'm pretty sure that bearded guy was Number One, though.

Edited by Sim

Some guy told me that Dr. McCoy was the 7th Doctor. No idea which Dr. that Dr. Spock was... :laugh:

Maybe he was the 6th Doctor. Number 6. That makes him that guy who was trapped in that village with the large white bubbles... I'm pretty sure that bearded guy was Number One, though.

Yes, but none of them are made from chocolate....:laugh:

:laugh:

I told her it's all okay, I at least know the characters they used for the chococlate lollies despite never having seen Star Wars. lol

:laugh: It's the thought that counts, right? 

I would dip these in my Darth Vader tea mug. It tells me not to add milk because it feels stronger that way. 

They used to have Star Trek chocolate in the UK when I was growing up. It was white chocolate with all these colored bits in it and there was a sort of embossed, relief picture of the Enterprise on the whole bar. I think it came with a picture card of some kind. There was a pic of Kirk and Spock on the wrapper. 

Chocolate, yeah, but I always think licensed foodstuffs are kind of weird, but I guess Yoda's endorsement of breakfast cereals just means they'll sell more. "Eat this, kid, and you'll be strong with the Force." I guess if you have a kid that won't eat, it's useful. They used to have Spock Sugar Smacks when I was kid and you could collect badges that came in little plastic wrappers that we're hidden in the cereal. Me and my brother used to have to take it in turns for who'd get the badge. I still have my Kirk and Starfleet emblem one somewhere, but even now I can recall that I was disappointed not to get Spock. 

I would dip these in my Darth Vader tea mug. It tells me not to add milk because it feels stronger that way. 

They used to have Star Trek chocolate in the UK when I was growing up. It was white chocolate with all these colored bits in it and there was a sort of embossed, relief picture of the Enterprise on the whole bar. I think it came with a picture card of some kind. There was a pic of Kirk and Spock on the wrapper. 

Chocolate, yeah, but I always think licensed foodstuffs are kind of weird, but I guess Yoda's endorsement of breakfast cereals just means they'll sell more. "Eat this, kid, and you'll be strong with the Force." I guess if you have a kid that won't eat, it's useful. They used to have Spock Sugar Smacks when I was kid and you could collect badges that came in little plastic wrappers that we're hidden in the cereal. Me and my brother used to have to take it in turns for who'd get the badge. I still have my Kirk and Starfleet emblem one somewhere, but even now I can recall that I was disappointed not to get Spock. 

It totally is. :laugh: She was just trying to combine my love for Jean-Luc and my love for chocolate. :laugh:

I would totally eat TNG cereal though. Especially if it came with a Jean-Luc badge. I wouldn't rest until I had that particular badge. I'd also eat TNG chocolate although I must admit it would feel a bit weird to nibble on a little chocolate Jean-Luc. lol I really wish there was JLP chocolate, but, alas, nope.

I just have this image of Yoda eating a Star Trek chocolate saying, "How you get so big eating food of this kind??" :laugh:

The only ST food items I remember as a kid were Star Trek cereal of some kind (never had it though) and the Star Trek "Happy meals" from Mcdonald's; I remember they had a commercial with a Klingon in TMP garb, speaking 'Klingonese.' 

Klingon McDonald's commercial... not kidding.

I would totally eat TNG cereal though. Especially if it came with a Jean-Luc badge. I wouldn't rest until I had that particular badge. I'd also eat TNG chocolate although I must admit it would feel a bit weird to nibble on a little chocolate Jean-Luc. lol I really wish there was JLP chocolate, but, alas, nope.

^
Picard chocolates... their slogan could be, "Make it so... delicious." 
:giggle:

I just have this image of Yoda eating a Star Trek chocolate saying, "How you get so big eating food of this kind??" :laugh:

The only ST food items I remember as a kid were Star Trek cereal of some kind (never had it though) and the Star Trek "Happy meals" from Mcdonald's; I remember they had a commercial with a Klingon in TMP garb, speaking 'Klingonese.' 

Klingon McDonald's commercial... not kidding.

^
Picard chocolates... their slogan could be, "Make it so... delicious." 
:giggle:

They really missed a chance back then with that First Contact chocolate, yeah! ;)  But really, the only thing we get these days is TNG PEZ stuff. Like, umm... thanks? lol

"Live long and prosper" - Yoda

"May the force be with you" - Spock

(I'm teasing some people don't know their Sci-Fi, that is where me come in ;))

I know very little about sci-fi myself but at least I can tell the difference between Trek and Wars. :laugh: My co-worker spent four years working with me and still got it all wrong. :laugh: 

I know very little about sci-fi myself but at least I can tell the difference between Trek and Wars. :laugh: My co-worker spent four years working with me and still got it all wrong. :laugh: 

Reminds me of Lal trying to hold Data's hand in "The Offspring" for some reason....:giggle:

But again; at least your coworker knew there was a "Star" in the title. :P

Reminds me of Lal trying to hold Data's hand in "The Offspring" for some reason....:giggle:

That's the problem - they sound too much alike! :laugh: 

That's the problem - they sound too much alike! :laugh: 

Still waiting for a new hybrid series: Trek Wars.  :P