Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING

13 posts in this topic

From this guy who has become fairly jaded on Superhero films and really sick of rebooted Spider-Mans...that was a solid trailer that actually made me think "not bad." 

That said, the Planet of the aspes trailer then came and I almost completely stopped caring about this. In these times I may want to see humanity taken down and explored deeper than see them saved by a dude in tights. Still...it was a fine trailer, and someday I will see the movie. Just after I finally see Civil War and Deadpool. 

You havent seen CIVIL WAR ??? The best movie of the year ? Oh, you poor soul, just take care of yourself.

LOL

Gus

You havent seen CIVIL WAR ??? The best movie of the year ? Oh, you poor soul, just take care of yourself.

LOL

Gus

I saw it, and while it was enjoyable at the time?  It faded from memory about 15 minutes after I left the theatre.
Still think "Winter Soldier" was better.

From this guy who has become fairly jaded on Superhero films and really sick of rebooted Spider-Mans...that was a solid trailer that actually made me think "not bad." 

That said, the Planet of the aspes trailer then came and I almost completely stopped caring about this. In these times I may want to see humanity taken down and explored deeper than see them saved by a dude in tights. Still...it was a fine trailer, and someday I will see the movie. Just after I finally see Civil War and Deadpool. 

And yes, that new POTA movie trailer looks SOOOO good. 

I used to love POTA.  The first series that started with Heston were classics.  But after Wahlberg and the first one after that, it just dawned on me--the apes always win.  It's kind of a downer story, so I stopped seeing the movies.

I get it--humans and apes fight.  Apes win. 

I remember that the new series was supposed to be set in the original continuity--so if that's the case, we all know it ends with Taylor blowing up the world.

Great story. :D

As for Homecoming, it was an exciting trailer. 

I used to love POTA.  The first series that started with Heston were classics.  But after Wahlberg and the first one after that, it just dawned on me--the apes always win.  It's kind of a downer story, so I stopped seeing the movies.

I think that if that's all you see in these movies then you're missing a lot of what these movies, even the Heston ones, were about. They are about and have always been about social criticism. They're putting up a mirror for us to see our reflection. We need that more than ever.

If seen as purely one faction vs another or humans vs apes then any silly cartoon or '60's Batman show will do. 

Well, I get all that, which is why I liked the Heston movies.  But eventually it really just became--the apes always win.

Well, I get all that, which is why I liked the Heston movies.  But eventually it really just became--the apes always win.

It isn't about winning or losing. It is about the humanity and it's flaws, even if it is presented via Apes.  Also The Apes don't always win.  Also this thread isn't about POTA.

And now, I have yet to see Civil War. I will, maybe sometime during my offtime I will get to it.  But I doubt it would be on my top movies of the year...because I have seen some great stuff this year. 

LOL

Gus

I saw it, and while it was enjoyable at the time?  It faded from memory about 15 minutes after I left the theatre.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ? But...but...but CIVIL WAR was Marvel at its best (like DOCTOR STRANGE0 and the best movie of 2016.

Gus

LOL

Gus

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ? But...but...but CIVIL WAR was Marvel at its best (like DOCTOR STRANGE0 and the best movie of 2016.

Gus

I'm sorry. However entertaining Civil War was, a superhero movie just can't be the best movie of the year.

Also, despite some good moments, these superhero movies are now extremely repetitive. The formula has been used to death and it never feels like there is any jeopardy; with all the superheroes being unbreakable (safe exception), the sheer amount of ridiculous and wanton destruction is just completely unbelievable and, frankly, boring. Even the Whedon-esque humour of Marvel movies doesn't really do it for me anymore.

I'll give a chance to Guardians 2, and I'll grant that the new Spidey in Civil War was interesting, but even the new trailer is already making me less interested.

Edited by Tupperfan

It's funny, I saw the Spidey trailer last night - or was that two days ago? - and didn't even think to come here to comment. I'm sure I'll see it, and it'll be fun, but yeah, I have to agree with the wider consensus here that it doesn't feel like an immediate "must-see."

That said, I really enjoyed Doctor Strange, so i don't think superhero movies are "out" per se. And I'm looking forward to GotG Vol 2. (Does that count? it feels more like science fantasy.) But the earthbound superhero stuff - whatevs.

Lovely actress Marisa Tomei (Aunt May) shows the new poster for SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING at her Instagram. Cant wait for this movie !

19437614_10213560178298003_7213502815736

Gus

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0