Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT

8 posts in this topic

Good (and cold) morning.
Bom dia (e frio) pra todos.

IHere is The EPIC First Trailer For TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT

We've been waiting all day, but the first trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight is here and it looks like it could be the best one yet. (Beware of Spoilers)

"The best one yet?"

You mean I can watch this one without cringing?

Looks like the trailer is thinking, Marvel epic Civil War with a little angst from DC and lost of pew pew explosions, and it will probably make a billion, because they're not going back to campy 1980s style cartoon with cute nerdy VW bug driving construction rig worker Spike and bookworm bobby sox sweater wearing Carly, and wheelchair bound co creator of the Dinobots, Chip, and their Autobot friends, and wholesome brainless but fun fantasy, with Megatron and Starscream usurping each other. They seem to be more interested in grit and weird hot people close ups, like the last one. They have never watched the cartoon. To me the first Transformers movie was in 1986. :)

It seems it has a little Transformers Prime in it, with Kurtzman somewhere involved (as he was in Prime). That may or may not be Unicron, and may or may not be Prime fighting Bumblebee. It's more likely that is the debris left from the space bridge of Cybertron from the third film. You would think that much debris would rain down destruction on the Earth.

Bay still doesn't get it. It's about the ROBOTS and their personalities reflected through humanity, not an action sitcom with Marky Mark playing hero.

Anthony Hopkins though. I've seen them all, and will likely see this one too.

I liked pretty much all the cartoon spin offs, even the not so hot ones. If they're making a mash up between A Decepticon in King Arthur's Court and the Dark Energon/Unicron sagas, represented several times, but most recently in Prime, then it might be at least a decent action adaptation.

Age of Extinction wasn't all bad, especially since the influences of fans were evident.

2007. The Quest for the All Spark, was similar in some ways to the G1 series and to then recently completed Unicron Trilogy, Armada to Cybertron.

2009. Revenge of the Fallen, the weakest and most original, had a replay of the Energon and Cybertron super link angle.

2011. Dark of the Moon was basically Megatron's Masterplan and the Wreckers meets Energon.

2014. Age of Extinction was a combination of the Minicon challenge in the Armada series, the Cybertron story, Beast Wars, because they werten't really the Dinobots, they were beast wars Dinobots, and the Pretenders comics.

Looks like this one is going to be a blended mess, but interesting. Still it is not Transformers that x gen 1980s kids knew.

It's a good thing it's still around though and you are no longer considered a weird nerd for liking stories with giant robots and collecting them, and there are even conventions, toy fairs and merch. They're still bigger with merch than Star Trek now.

Big dumb action pictures sometimes appeal.

Edited by Chimera82405

"The best one yet?"

To me, saying it's the 'best one yet' in the Transformers series is like the least irritating paper cut on one's hands being labeled the 'best' one. 

I actually liked the first one (the only one I've spent money on). The second was awful and the third was borderline ok. The 4th was a train wreck and I can't say I'm enthused about this one. I'm a moderate TF fan.

"The best one yet?"

To me, saying it's the 'best one yet' in the Transformers series is like the least irritating paper cut on one's hands being labeled the 'best' one. 

There are glimmers of decent in the last one. Little bits of...expand on this thread a little bit and you might actually make it entertaining.

But, no.

TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT Trailer 2 Features Plenty Of Action-Packed New Footage

Paramount has released a new trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight, which places the focus on Isabela Moner's debuting character, while also showcasing some exciting shots of robot destruction

giphy.gif

I think I'm washing my hair that month... :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0