Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

Skydance Current Relationship with Paramount

4 posts in this topic

Skydance relationship with Paramount took a step back after  Star Trek Beyond and Terminator Genesys fell short of expectations

"As that deal, one of Paramount’s most important, nears its end, Skydance has evolved from the studio’s primary co-financier of tentpoles (excluding Transformers) into something closer to the more freewheeling Legendary Pictures. The relationship, once largely monogamous, has become strained at times and Skydance, with $700 million in new funding, placed projects at other studios after Terminator Genisys and Star Trek Beyond fell short of expectations. When Paramount balked at co-financing the Mars mission thriller Life with Ryan Reynolds because in-house producer JJ Abrams had a similarly themed project in God Particle, Ellison set his picture at Columbia — which premiered the first trailer for the Memorial Day weekend 2017 opener during Sunday’s The Walking Dead episode — while taking the Dean Devlin-directed Geostorm to Warner Bros. For the moment, Skydance is committed to make six more films under its current deal including Baywatch, Annihilation, Mission: Impossible 6 and WWZ 2 if that sequel comes together."

Its also appears that the executive who oversaw the publicity campaign for Beyond, Rob Moore, was fired in September, but I am not sure if this is the case.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/brad-grey-fights-paramount-future-153600749.html

Gus

(Shrug)

Not knocking the post or the news itself...just can't quite see anything to care about in it yet.

(Shrug)

Not knocking the post or the news itself...just can't quite see anything to care about in it yet.

Feel about the same. Which corporation is behind helping produce the thing is far less important to me than the actual humans behind it.

What I can say ? It was Saturday evening when I posted this and I was bored LOL

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0