TLOZ Lover

Happy Birthday Jan Shutan!

I forgot to mention that Jan Shutan turned 36 while "The Lights of Zetar" was being filmed!  In Marc Cushman's "These Are the Voyages: TOS Season Three" he writes:  "Day 3, Tuesday. The entire day was spent in the briefing room,  (Herb) Kenwith, well experienced in live TV with the soaps, knew how to cover pages of expository dialogue quickly, and finished early, at 4:24 p.m.  He was still on schedule."  He also notes they were "awaiting news from NBC as to whether "Lights of Zetar" would be the last episode to film".

Behind the scenes in the briefing room 11-05-68.jpg

Locutus   

I forgot to mention that Jan Shutan turned 36 while "The Lights of Zetar" was being filmed!  In Marc Cushman's "These Are the Voyages: TOS Season Three" he writes:  "Day 3, Tuesday. The entire day was spent in the briefing room,  (Herb) Kenwith, well experienced in live TV with the soaps, knew how to cover pages of expository dialogue quickly, and finished early, at 4:24 p.m.  He was still on schedule."  He also notes they were "awaiting news from NBC as to whether "Lights of Zetar" would be the last episode to film".

I've thought about picking up These Are the Voyages, but at $39 each on Amazon I just don't know.  From that excerpt though, it sounds like it contains a crazy amount of detail.

I've thought about picking up These Are the Voyages, but at $39 each on Amazon I just don't know.  From that excerpt though, it sounds like it contains a crazy amount of detail.

I bought them at a special price at the Vegas Star Trek convention; they were selling all three books for $70 (total!), and Marc Cushman autographed each one.   Couldn't pass that up...

Locutus   

I bought them at a special price at the Vegas Star Trek convention; they were selling all three books for $70 (total!), and Marc Cushman autographed each one.   Couldn't pass that up...

Yeah!  I would jump at that too.