TLOZ Lover

Photos from 1982 ST Wrath of Khan Convention

I found some old photos from the June 19, 1982 Star Trek Convention (“The Ultimate Fantasy at the Summit”) in Houston which I attended a month after high school graduation.  This was about two weeks after “Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan” was released in theaters. 

In attendance:  James Doohan, DeForest Kelley, George Takei, Nichelle Nichols, Walter Koenig, Mark Lenard (“Balance of Terror” and “Journey to Babel”), Kirstie Alley (several years prior to “Cheers”) and Merritt Butrick . Somewhere I have the autographs..... :rolleyes: William Shatner made a speaking appearance.  The man in black in the 8th photo is Walter Koenig.  I barely got my camera out in time to catch him!

Sorry for the picture quality.  I seem to recall the room lighting wasn’t the brightest anyway--add 34 years and there you have it!  I also found the ticket stub from the event.  Notice the “65 cent parking fee included” line.  Those were the days, huh?

Ticket Stub.jpg

Nichelle Nichols 2 06-19-82.jpg

Nichelle Nichols 06-19-82.jpg

DeForest Kelley 06-19-82.jpg

James Doohan 06-19-82.jpg

George Takei 2.jpg

George Takei 06-19-82.jpg

Walter Koenig (in black).jpg

Mark Lenard 06-19-82.jpg

Takei Kelley 06-19-82.jpg

Takei Kelley Lenard 06-19-82.jpg

Edited by TLOZ Lover
Mistake made on one STTOS reference, and clarification on one photo.

Those are amazing!  Everyone looks so young.  And how wonderful to see DeForest Kelley, Mark Lenard and James Doohan!  

Thanks so much for sharing!  :thumbup:

Locutus   

I really appreciate seeing these pictures too.  Nichelle's hair is so huge!  I would have loved to have met DeForrest Kelley before he passed, even if only to get his autograph.  He seems like he would have been so down to earth.

I can almost hear George Takei's awesome laugh, too.

My goodness, they are so young! :happy:

But the media thought they were old in 1981~82  

I guess it's because I'm currently at or approaching the age of Takei and Nichols in those photos... :laugh: