GustavoLeao

STAR TREK II : Lost and Found

Some of this footage did make it into the Star Trek II special edition from the mid 2000s oin DVD. Wish they would release the special editions of all the movies on Bluray, not just the theatricals, as the versions of TMP and TWOK are interesting for some scenes from the TV airings, and from the movie productions. The one drawback though to the special editions was that they did not let Shatner remaster some of the missing effects from TFF. I have seen some of the fan versions and they're pretty good, but then if they were included they would have to pay those fans. Paramount is not going to do that. It would be nice though if the special editions did include a TFF one also.

The Saavik origin is in the special edition, as is the longer 'in favor of it's new matrix' ' scene, the slightly different Peter in sickbay scene, and the suggestion of Saavik flirting a little.

It is also in the novel. Very interesting old collection though. It would be neat if even that was on the blurays in a extra.

Soooooo, It's from here that all the talk about Savik being half romulan came from. I have asked myself out of where so many people commented on her romulan heritage. Thanks for that Gus!

Exactly, Robin, and here is another relic from STAR TREK past - the 15-minute NATO trailer for STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE showing a rough cut of the movie, before the sound mix and the special effects were  done and edited into the movie. And listen to this temp music - awesome ! This is RARE, folks !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tjB0MfAxq0

Gus

A rare and rough cut of STTMP indeed!  I still smile at the early scene when the Klingons realize their goose is cooked.  Probably viewers first language lessons in Klingon--a definite "Oh, s**t!" moment if there ever was one.  :ohmy:

If you want further stuff on David and Saavik, read the first 1/4 of the ST3 novel as it fills in about a week of time between the film.