Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

A Wrinkle in Time - The Movie

The newest cinematic incarnation of A Wrinkle in Time‘s Meg Murry has a father, but now she just has to find him again! Director Ava DuVernay‘s adaptation of Madeleine L’Engle’s classic sci-fi novel has cast Star Trek‘s Chris Pine as Dr. Alex Murry.

Deadline broke the story of Pine’s casting, and noted that he will join the production of the film before the end of the year. But because Alex Murry’s absence is part of the plot of A Wrinkle in Time, he may not have a big role in this film. In the original story, Dr. Murry was researching tesseracts as way to move from one planet to another before he ultimately went missing. Meg, her brother Charles Wallace Murry, and their friend, Calvin O’Keefe were later sent on an inter-dimensional quest to find her father and save the universe.

Locutus   

I remember reading this story as a class when I was in 5th grade.  I was already obsessed with Star Trek at that point and consuming Star Trek novels left and right.  A Wrinkle in Time, however, was one of the first stories outside of the context of Star Trek to pique my interest in science fiction.  I also liked the way it blended science fiction and fantasy.  I'm excited to revisit the story onscreen.  At this point, I hardly remember it, so it will almost be like the first time.

Oh Hollywood. Please don't screw this one up like you screwed up the Narnia books. This is one of my favourites as a kid and I've read many times since. 

I'm thinking that they'll use Pine in flashback type sequences to establish that family bond between them a la Contact. 

There is somewhat of a trilogy of stories with these although Wrinkle In Time is the most famous and recognized. 

Locutus   

Oh Hollywood. Please don't screw this one up like you screwed up the Narnia books. This is one of my favourites as a kid and I've read many times since. 

I know what you mean.  I was dissapointed by Narnia as well.

New trailer for the adaptation of Madeleine L’Engle’s classic sci-fi novel A WRINKLE IN TIME  starring Chris Pine, watch it and enjoy, and beware of spoilers !

2 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

New trailer for the adaptation of Madeleine L’Engle’s classic sci-fi novel A WRINKLE IN TIME  starring Chris Pine, watch it and enjoy, and beware of spoilers !

I’m looking very forward to this one.  

Sign in to follow this