Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2

28 posts in this topic

"Ohhh yeahhhh!" Turns and cocks giant BFG thing and grins with raccoon face...:)

Am I the only one who didn't like GOTG? My kids and I saw it together and none of us liked it. 

Meet Mantis In The Hilarious Action-Packed Trailer For GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2

Marvel has released the brand new trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and it's packed full of laughs, big reveals, and some awesome action. We also get our first look at new team member, Mantis!

Good nite, boa noite !

Am I the only one who didn't like GOTG? My kids and I saw it together and none of us liked it. 

Yes, you are the only ones.  :P

Yes, you are the only ones.  :P

Some of it was scenes that were funny made me cringe. Like a scene where Groot killed a half dozen people by slamming against the wall. I was cringing. Then he looked back with a smile and everyone laughed. I just don't find watching people getting beaten to death funny. I know I took it too seriously. But I wasn't angry or appalled or anything. It's just not my style of humor. Most of the humor in the movie fell totally flat for me. I found myself watching the movie hearing everyone laughing and thinking back at the scene trying to figure out what people were laughing at. It was a weird feeling that I've never gotten at any other movie. 

My son usually hates super hero movies so I wasn't surprised he didn't like it. And he was the one who wanted to see it the most. He had been looking forward to seeing it for months. My daughter usually likes the genera. She liked Captain America and Thor so I was mildly surprised she didn't like it. 

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 Adds Michael Rosenbaum And Sylvester Stallone As Key Marvel Characters

James Gunn has revealed that two major Marvel Universe characters will make their debut in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and they'll be played by Sylvester Stallone and Michael Rosenbaum.

17 minutes ago, GustavoLeao said:
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 Adds Michael Rosenbaum And Sylvester Stallone As Key Marvel Characters

James Gunn has revealed that two major Marvel Universe characters will make their debut in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and they'll be played by Sylvester Stallone and Michael Rosenbaum.

I do wish they'd be careful about shoehorning in too many celebrity roles, such as Stallone.  One of the delightful conceits of the first movie was its ridiculously incongruous pop culture references (a ship called the Milano, for example).  It strains the movie's own internal logic if we have to accept that this '80s kid (Starlord) grew up in an '80s without Rocky....

On 12/4/2016 at 0:49 AM, scenario said:

Some of it was scenes that were funny made me cringe. Like a scene where Groot killed a half dozen people by slamming against the wall. I was cringing. Then he looked back with a smile and everyone laughed. I just don't find watching people getting beaten to death funny. I know I took it too seriously. But I wasn't angry or appalled or anything. It's just not my style of humor. Most of the humor in the movie fell totally flat for me. I found myself watching the movie hearing everyone laughing and thinking back at the scene trying to figure out what people were laughing at. It was a weird feeling that I've never gotten at any other movie. 

My son usually hates super hero movies so I wasn't surprised he didn't like it. And he was the one who wanted to see it the most. He had been looking forward to seeing it for months. My daughter usually likes the genera. She liked Captain America and Thor so I was mildly surprised she didn't like it. 

I actually think this is a separate topic, and an interesting one. Fantasy violence - because that's what superhero violence is - occurs in a many lauded escapist movies from Star Wars to James Bond to GotG and every superhero film you'd care to mention. I just saw Logan, and there's a lot of extreme death in that, much of it perpetrated by the nominal Hero (albeit with an R classification). Reason I'm responding to this is, I actually have the same problem as you, but with Deadpool. I'm not even sure whey I'm singling Deadpool out, but his deadly violence often comes with a quip. But then, so does James Bond's. Even the Doctor in Doctor Who has been known to joke after arranging the demise of an enemy. What makes them different? Perhaps it's time for the creation of a thread on this...? 

2 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I do wish they'd be careful about shoehorning in too many celebrity roles, such as Stallone.  One of the delightful conceits of the first movie was its ridiculously incongruous pop culture references (a ship called the Milano, for example).  It strains the movie's own internal logic if we have to accept that this '80s kid (Starlord) grew up in an '80s without Rocky....

Agree. I could only greet that news with a muffled, "Awww, no!"

10 hours ago, Robin Bland said:

I actually think this is a separate topic, and an interesting one. Fantasy violence - because that's what superhero violence is - occurs in a many lauded escapist movies from Star Wars to James Bond to GotG and every superhero film you'd care to mention. I just saw Logan, and there's a lot of extreme death in that, much of it perpetrated by the nominal Hero (albeit with an R classification). Reason I'm responding to this is, I actually have the same problem as you, but with Deadpool. I'm not even sure whey I'm singling Deadpool out, but his deadly violence often comes with a quip. But then, so does James Bond's. Even the Doctor in Doctor Who has been known to joke after arranging the demise of an enemy. What makes them different? Perhaps it's time for the creation of a thread on this...? 

Agree. I could only greet that news with a muffled, "Awww, no!"

I don't have as much problem when the good guy kills someone who you know is already a serial killer. There's a difference between feeling good about stopping a serial killer and making a joke about brutally murdering a minion. It's like rooting for the death of a red shirt. It's like the difference between cheering when Osama Bin Laden was killed and a bunch of sociopaths laughing as they beat a homeless person to death. Its humor vs a grim satisfaction. 

1 hour ago, scenario said:

I don't have as much problem when the good guy kills someone who you know is already a serial killer. There's a difference between feeling good about stopping a serial killer and making a joke about brutally murdering a minion. It's like rooting for the death of a red shirt. It's like the difference between cheering when Osama Bin Laden was killed and a bunch of sociopaths laughing as they beat a homeless person to death. Its humor vs a grim satisfaction. 

Not to go all mod here, and this is a very valid topic for discussion (the topic of realism in fantasy violence) but it might be a good idea to table this one for the KM section... 

52 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Not to go all mod here, and this is a very valid topic for discussion (the topic of realism in fantasy violence) but it might be a good idea to table this one for the KM section... 

I'm sorry. For some reason,  I thought this was the KM section. My error. There's no easy way to tell when you're near the bottom of the screen. 

2 hours ago, scenario said:

I'm sorry. For some reason,  I thought this was the KM section. My error. There's no easy way to tell when you're near the bottom of the screen. 

No worries. 

Okay can anyone - quickly - tell me if Kurt Russell has a big part in this movie? I don't want to read through all kinds of announcements and spoilers and whatnot, I'm looking for a quick answer, lol. I'm asking because I showed the pic above to my mother and she can't stop talking about how good Russell's character looks (I showed it to her because I knew this guy was her type, haha) and now I'm at a loss to tell her whether he has a major role or not. (I'll give her the DVD as a gift if he has. Haha.)

Oh and scenario you're not the only one who didn't like the first movie. A co-worker of mine gave me her Blu Ray for a while and I watched the movie and it bored and annoyed (I'll give it credit for that combination) me so much that I switched it off after forcing myself through half of it. I didn't like anything about it, neither the plot nor the characters nor the setting, but then, I'm not into sci-fi, I should probably have known this would happen. I was just curious because everyone was so hyped about it, I figured "it can't be that bad, right"... but it was.

1 hour ago, Mr.Picard said:

Okay can anyone - quickly - tell me if Kurt Russell has a big part in this movie? I don't want to read through all kinds of announcements and spoilers and whatnot, I'm looking for a quick answer, lol. I'm asking because I showed the pic above to my mother and she can't stop talking about how good Russell's character looks (I showed it to her because I knew this guy was her type, haha) and now I'm at a loss to tell her whether he has a major role or not. (I'll give her the DVD as a gift if he has. Haha.)

Oh and scenario you're not the only one who didn't like the first movie. A co-worker of mine gave me her Blu Ray for a while and I watched the movie and it bored and annoyed (I'll give it credit for that combination) me so much that I switched it off after forcing myself through half of it. I didn't like anything about it, neither the plot nor the characters nor the setting, but then, I'm not into sci-fi, I should probably have known this would happen. I was just curious because everyone was so hyped about it, I figured "it can't be that bad, right"... but it was.

****** POSSIBLE SPOILER! *******

I think he's playing Star Lord's long lost 'alien' dad. 

^ Yeah but... what does that mean? Big role? Small role? lol (I am clueless.)

9 minutes ago, Mr.Picard said:

^ Yeah but... what does that mean? Big role? Small role? lol (I am clueless.)

I'm guessing big(ish?).

Just now, Sehlat Vie said:

I'm guessing big(ish?).

Okay. I'll put the movie on my To-Buy list then. My mother will be pleased. :laugh:

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Russell plays Ego, the Living Planet, when Ego tooks  a human form. Yep, he is playing  a planet. And yep, its a big role, one of the biggest baddies from the Marvel Comics.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 Empire Magazine Cover Reveals An Awesome New Look At The Team

17309627_10212538088266391_8286921536520

Gus

Cool, thanks for the information, Gus! *underlines movie on To-Buy-List*

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0