GustavoLeao

The Power Rangers Are Back in New Trailer

The Power Rangers are specifically geared to 10 year olds. This looks like it is trying to appeal only to grown up man children who watched the show whem they were seven but need it to be dark and gritty to justify their continued interest in a product that was made to appeal to 10 year olds. 

This. And it's not working with me. That second trailer is even more awful than the first. I'll stick to watching my old original Power Rangers series DVDs when I'm in the mood for some childhood nostalgia.

The old phrase, "You can't go home again."   

Some things are best left as childhood memories. 

The Power Rangers are specifically geared to 10 year olds. This looks like it is trying to appeal only to grown up man children who watched the show whem they were seven but need it to be dark and gritty to justify their continued interest in a product that was made to appeal to 10 year olds. 

This. And it's not working with me. That second trailer is even more awful than the first. I'll stick to watching my old original Power Rangers series DVDs when I'm in the mood for some childhood nostalgia.

They are. The Power Rangers have always been somewhat cheesy entertainment, especially the first ones - but that was part of their charm and why I loved them so much. When I was a kid and managed to catch a glimpse at the show I didn't see cheesy moments, I saw teenagers with awesome powers that I wanted as well. Re-watching that old series gives me that feeling back today, as does looking at my Zack action figure and Pop Vinyl (Zack was and still is my favorite Ranger). Watching these trailers does not. If anything, it makes me angry that nothing is safe from reboots these days but that's a subject for another discussion.

They are. The Power Rangers have always been somewhat cheesy entertainment, especially the first ones - but that was part of their charm and why I loved them so much. When I was a kid and managed to catch a glimpse at the show I didn't see cheesy moments, I saw teenagers with awesome powers that I wanted as well. Re-watching that old series gives me that feeling back today, as does looking at my Zack action figure and Pop Vinyl (Zack was and still is my favorite Ranger). Watching these trailers does not. If anything, it makes me angry that nothing is safe from reboots these days but that's a subject for another discussion.

A sad fact of current pop culture.

Nothing can just 'be' anymore...

kenman   

Was Orci involved in some point?  Not that it matters, whether he was in or not that movie looks like crap.