Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

U.S.S. Enterprise Reunion

24 posts in this topic

George Takei is the only one dressed in proper colors... ;)

Okay. Can anyone name all of these people? Bill Shatner, George Takai and Walter Koenig are easy. I think that's Dominic Keating to the left behind WS. And is that Garrett Wang in the top row?  It kind of looks like him but the pictures a little to blurry on my computer to be sure.

Here's who I can make out:

Top:

Jeffery Combs, Garret Wang, Martha Hackett, Casey Biggs, Eric Pierpoint, and I can't tell who the woman is.

Middle:

Gary Lockwood, (I think) Dominic Keating, Nicole deBoer, Shatner, Max Grodenchik, can't tell, Adam Nimoy, can't tell, and Greg Grunberg I want to say Ronald B. Moore, Armin Shimmerman, can't tell, Chase Masterson, Marina Sirtis, and Alice Krige.

Then, of course, Takei  and and Koenig.

Top:

Jeffery Combs, Garret Wang, Martha Hackett, Casey Biggs, Eric Pierpoint, and I can't tell who the woman is.

Middle:

Gary Lockwood, (I think) Dominic Keating, Nicole deBoer, Shatner, Max Grodenchik, can't tell, Adam Nimoy, can't tell, and Greg Grunberg I want to say Ronald B. Moore, Armin Shimmerman, can't tell, Chase Masterson, Marina Sirtis, and Alice Krige.

^
I think the gray-haired guy in the white shirt you identify as Gary Lockwood might (?) actually be Eddie 
Paskey (sure looks like him when I ran into him in Vegas).   He's also using an assisted walking device, as was Paskey when I met him (he was in a wheelchair). 

Top:

Middle:

^
I think the gray-haired guy in the white shirt you identify as Gary Lockwood might (?) actually be Eddie 
Paskey (sure looks like him when I ran into him in Vegas).   He's also using an assisted walking device, as was Paskey when I met him (he was in a wheelchair). 

Yeah, I think you're right there.

Top:

Middle:

^

Yeah, I think you're right there.

Sadly, this was the best pic I had of Paskey (during a panel about Trek guest stars) in Vegas:

97cc72032068b755c52016a9e1dcca81.jpg

14606542_10210832101537789_4639927904554

^

Dominic Keating, Nicole deBoer, Shatner, Max Grodenchik, can't tell, Adam Nimoy, can't tell, and Greg Grunberg I want to say Ronald B. Moore, Armin Shimmerman, can't tell, Chase Masterson, Marina Sirtis, and Alice Krige.

I can also make out (next to Grunberg's right shoulder) Conner Trinneer ("Trip" on ENT) in glasses.   Also looks like Robert O'Reilly ("Gowron") between Armin Shimerman & Max Grodenchik.  I also see Eric Pierpoint (guest-star on TNG and DS9; and star of "Alien Nation"), Nicole DeBoer ("Ezri Dax"),  Casey Biggs ("Dumar") and, of course, the incomparable Jeffrey Combs on the far left back row.

Is anyone else surprised to see Takei and Shatner that close together?

Koenig too, for that matter.  Neither he nor Takei are big Shatner fans.

Koenig too, for that matter.  Neither he nor Takei are big Shatner fans.

But, and I hate to say it, Koenig seems to have grown up, moved on, and made some sort of peace with it.

Brings me back, after 2009 thought they could do the virus one that made the crew age. Shame non of these made it into the 50th anniversary film, which may have boosted takings.

Pleased the 3 have agreed to be in position, nice. 

Would have like to have gone up to Birmingham this weekend, but work commitments stopped that.

Here's another photo taken at the Destination Star Trek Europe 50th Anniversary convention. Hey, its Chase Masterson, Terry Farrell and Marina Sirtis, beatiful ladies of STAR TREK !

14492359_10155463674251164_2539661423900

UPDATE : And another pic. Bill seems annoyed, I dunno. LOL

14632929_10210838307612937_6703417588529

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

^
You can literally feel the tension between Shatner, Takei and Koenig... they look about as happy as if they were taking a long bus ride to visit a sick relative.

I don't know, Bill is smiling in the side view. Mind you they are all getting paid for being together :)

I don't know, Bill is smiling in the side view. Mind you they are all getting paid for being together :)

^
Yeah, but it looks about as 'happy' as a grimace. 

And yes, I'm sure money greased the wheels a bit. ;)

That's a pretty extraordinary gathering of cast members from many iterations of Star Trek!

Yeah, it's kind of amazing, considering what's been aired in the media over the years to see la Shat, Takei and Koenig together on a stage. I wonder if they actually exchanged greetings? Maybe it's the romantic in me, but you hope some kind of peace has been reached. At least there's some sort of public truce in play during the taking of this photo...

Greg Grunberg must be hitting the Guiness Book of Records sometime soon for appearances in all major SF franchises. They just need to get him a role in Doctor Who, now! 

That's a pretty extraordinary gathering of cast members from many iterations of Star Trek!

Yeah, it's kind of amazing, considering what's been aired in the media over the years to see la Shat, Takei and Koenig together on a stage. I wonder if they actually exchanged greetings? Maybe it's the romantic in me, but you hope some kind of peace has been reached. At least there's some sort of public truce in play during the taking of this photo...

Greg Grunberg must be hitting the Guiness Book of Records sometime soon for appearances in all major SF franchises. They just need to get him a role in Doctor Who, now! 

^

Grunberg seems like a cool guy; I could imagine him playing a role in an across-the-pond outing of the Doctor's.  

^

Grunberg seems like a cool guy; I could imagine him playing a role in an across-the-pond outing of the Doctor's.  

Met him once briefly in a hotel bar at SDCC (this was while he was on Lost). He was lovely - indeed a cool guy. I got the sense he was one of us - a geek - but living the dream in that he's in all these cool shows and movies and rubs shoulders with all the legends. He kinda sorta is one himself, now. 

^

Met him once briefly in a hotel bar at SDCC (this was while he was on Lost). He was lovely - indeed a cool guy. I got the sense he was one of us - a geek - but living the dream in that he's in all these cool shows and movies and rubs shoulders with all the legends. He kinda sorta is one himself, now. 

^

Pretty neat.

I've never met him (lucky you!), but I've always liked his work.  He was great in the first season of HEROES (I only saw season one; gave up after S2, I'm afraid).  It was really nice to see him have roles in both Force Awakens and Star Trek Beyond (in person, this time; not just young as Kirk's pissed off uncle on the car phone... hehe); it's like he was living the dream for our generation (he's about our age, by the way). 

^

^

Pretty neat.

I've never met him (lucky you!), but I've always liked his work.  He was great in the first season of HEROES (I only saw season one; gave up after S2, I'm afraid).  It was really nice to see him have roles in both Force Awakens and Star Trek Beyond (in person, this time; not just young as Kirk's pissed off uncle on the car phone... hehe); it's like he was living the dream for our generation (he's about our age, by the way). 

I think I meant to say while he was on Heroes, but he actually was on Lost as well! I forgot he was the voice of Uncle Kirk too! Yeah, he was great as the cop on Heroes. S1 of that show was very entertaining, and then it just seemed to lose all momentum. 

He's got one of those reassuring sorts of faces - sort of an everyman. 

^

^

Pretty neat.

I think I meant to say while he was on Heroes, but he actually was on Lost as well! I forgot he was the voice of Uncle Kirk too! Yeah, he was great as the cop on Heroes. S1 of that show was very entertaining, and then it just seemed to lose all momentum. 

He's got one of those reassuring sorts of faces - sort of an everyman. 

^
That's the strength of his appeal. 

What a great photo!  A pity Leonard, De, Jimmy, Majel (and GR) and Grace Lee are no longer with us to complete the picture. (Also a pity Nichelle wasn't there that day.) I feel sooooo old looking at that picture! ;) Can remember seeing them when they were much younger....I always knew Jimmy Doohan didn't care for Shatner and why (although at Jimmy's last public appearance I read they did make amends), but I have to plead ignorance as to why Walter & George also have a beef with Bill.  Anyone know why?