Sehlat Vie

Star Trek Beyond Deleted Scene online!

8 posts in this topic

With Star Trek Beyond coming to blu ray/DVD on Nov. 1st, a deleted scene has surfaced online:

USAtoday.com/Star Trek deleted scene

^
I liked it, but in the overall context of the movie, I can understand why it was deleted. 

Also appreciated the reference to Lt. Mira Romaine (TOS' "Lights of Zetar")... interesting. 

Pine and Pegg on fine form there, I thought - and a nice nod to the idea that Scotty isn't completely married to his ship. Wondered what Lt. Romaine thought of his friendship with Jaylah, though...? 

Pine and Pegg on fine form there, I thought - and a nice nod to the idea that Scotty isn't completely married to his ship. Wondered what Lt. Romaine thought of his friendship with Jaylah, though...? 

thelightsofzetar_315.jpg

^
I imagine her expression to be something like this.... 
:giggle:

thelightsofzetar_315.jpg

^
I imagine her expression to be something like this.... 
:giggle:

Uh-huh. ;) 

Maybe that's why they deleted this scene, so as not to prejudice us unduly towards Mr. Scott...? 

Yes, I about had a freakin' cow when I come across this deleted scene on the Internet only a few days ago, in fact.  I am a HUGE "Lights of Zetar" fan (hence my user name) and included a link to the scene in one paragraph of my new blog:  http://defendinglightsofzetar.blogspot.com.  I also wrote "Simon Pegg, if you ever get a chance to read this, I truly hope you can bring Lt. Romaine to the big screen in an upcoming movie.  A steamy love scene between the two of you would be perfect!  (And Keenser...that's one scene you need to sit out, dude).  :laugh: