Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scenario

Interesting "facts" from google

5 posts in this topic

Donna Douglas who played Ellie May Clampet on the Beverly Hillbillies was married 11 years before she was born.  Talk about robbing the cradle. 

Donna Douglas
Actress
Donna Douglas was an American actress and singer, known for her role as Elly May Clampett in CBS's The Beverly Hillbillies. Wikipedia

DiedJanuary 1, 2015, Zachary, LA
SpouseRobert M. Leeds (m. 1971–1980), Roland Bourgeois (m. 1949–1954)

Ha, good typo catch!

Also she was 2 when the show started (1962). Ha. 11 when she was married. Uh, no.

She was born in 1932 actually and married in the late 40s and married again in the 1970s.

I remember reruns of that show. It was very much a product of the 1960s mentality in America and it's one of the precursors to all those 'redneck shows' on TV.

Also the cheesy 1980s movie wasn't half bad.

Y'all come back now, y'hear.

I remember the rural purge as some called it.  CBS cancelled several top 20 rated shows because they appealed to rural audience and they were wanting to appeal to an urban audience. The Red Skeleton show (#7), Mayberry RFD (#15), Petticoat Junction (won its time slot but had dropped out of the top 30), Green Acres (#31 but won its time slot), The Beverly Hillbillies (#18 the year before cancelled but was moved from its time slot and finished out of the top 30), and of course the Andy Griffith Show which finished #1.  The network was wanting to go after the younger, lucrative under 30 market.  WHY couldn't that have happened at NBC during the 1960s?   

I remember the rural purge as some called it.  CBS cancelled several top 20 rated shows because they appealed to rural audience and they were wanting to appeal to an urban audience. The Red Skeleton show (#7), Mayberry RFD (#15), Petticoat Junction (won its time slot but had dropped out of the top 30), Green Acres (#31 but won its time slot), The Beverly Hillbillies (#18 the year before cancelled but was moved from its time slot and finished out of the top 30), and of course the Andy Griffith Show which finished #1.  The network was wanting to go after the younger, lucrative under 30 market.  WHY couldn't that have happened at NBC during the 1960s?   

Yet "Hee Haw" survived, oddly... :laugh:

Yet "Hee Haw" survived, oddly... :laugh:

But I think that was in syndication, like TNG, not on the network.  I think.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0