Sign in to follow this  
John32070

What became of the Dominion after the war?

I'm not familiar with the post war novels except bits and pieces (station gets destroyed and rebuilt, Ezri gets a command, Sisko somehow returns), but I was just wondering about what became of the Dominion after the war? Did Odo's idea of curing the Founders and showing them a new way work? Did he take the role of the leader as a whole? And what became of the Vorta and Jem H'dar? With all the cloning through the centuries did that make the Vorta unable to procreate normally? And did they just stop creating Jem H'dar altogether? 

Hammer   

I haven't read books on the Dominion directly, but I've read books which reference Odo. From what I've gathered, the Dominion retreats to the Gamma Quadrant and pretty much keeps to themselves. Odo took over the Dominion, but the great link dispersed and there are only a couple of founders left around. Maybe someone who has read the books has more details... 

SPOILERS

Odo stayed with the Great Link for a while trying to teach them a "different way". He ended up sending an old Jem'Hadar (Taran'atar) to the Alpha Quadrant to try and bridge the gap between the two.

Small rebellions break out when news reaches the Gamma Quadrant that the Dominion lost the war. The Dominion easily puts down these rebellions.

The Dominion eventually reveal to Odo that they were supposedly created by some massive alien known as the "Progenitor". The Founders are desperately looking for it because it is revealed the Founders are not immortal (a plot hole since the Female Changeling clearly told Odo the Founders are "timeless") and they cannot reproduce. Fearing their extinction, the Founders desperately seek out their "creator". This is supposedly why they sent out "100" Changeling infants like Odo and Laas out. To lure it back to them.

They find the progenitor but is dead from ... something. I forget what. This causes the Great Link to become depressed and most of the Great Link disperses leaving Odo and Laas (and a few others) to rule the Dominion.

That's the last we've heard of them.