Sign in to follow this  
prometheus59650

How Buzzy is Amy Adams' "Arrival?"

That's sort of what's killing it for me for Rogue One. That and, I just am not sure that "The Quest for the Death Star Plans" is all that important a story and needs to be told. And, so far, I'm even less into The Young Han Solo Adventures. Disney seems to think that one's a slam dunk, but it's pretty risky...much more so than this Rogue One one-off.

Of course, I might change my mind in three months, we'll see. 

Edited by prometheus59650

That's sort of what's killing it for me for Rogue One. That and, I just am not sure that "The Quest for the Death Star Plans" is all that important a story and needs to be told. And, so far, I'm even less into The Young Han Solo Adventures. Disney seems to think that one's a slam dunk, but it's pretty risky...much more so than this Rogue One one-off.

At any rate, I think "Arrival" will be this year's 'smart' scifi movie; we seem to only get one or two a year, but hey... it's better than Transformers 27: The Final Reckoning.

At any rate, I think "Arrival" will be this year's 'smart' scifi movie; we seem to only get one or two a year, but hey... it's better than Transformers 27: The Final Reckoning.

Transformers 28: Muffled Sound: Soundwave struggles to make a place for his cassette tape self in an iTunes world.

A documentary.

Morgan Freeman narrates.

Transformers 28: Muffled Sound: Soundwave struggles to make a place for his cassette tape self in an iTunes world.

A documentary.

Morgan Freeman narrates.

Freeman's narrating?  I'm there, dude.... :giggle:

A documentary.

Morgan Freeman narrates.

His voice is so smooth it's scary.

A documentary.

Morgan Freeman narrates.

His voice is so smooth it's scary.

^

He could do "An Evening of Reading Clothing Care Labels" and I'd be up for it.  

I'm a big fan of Director Denis Villeneuve's movies since his more humble, yet just as awesome, Quebec movies (Incendies is a must for any cinema fan). 

I'm also a huge fan of the short story (and the anthology it was part of), Story of Your Life, by Ted Chiang. Just plain great stuff.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully the smart, adult, sci-fi movie it should be, and that we deserve.

Then Villeneuve tackles the Blade Runner sequel. He's an avowed huge fan, but it will be quite the challenge and I'm a little more worried about that one.

Edited by Tupperfan

I'm looking forward to this movie. 

The BR sequel not so much, because I just don't think it needs a sequel. But hey-ho, they'll make it no matter what I think and at least it's this guy. 

Edited by Robin Bland

I'm looking forward to this movie. 

The BR sequel not so much, because I just don't think it needs a sequel. But hey-ho, they'll make it no mater what I think and at least it's this guy. 

^
The BR sequel is a bad idea right out of the box, IMO.  I'm sure morbid curiosity (or a really good trailer) will get the better of me...

But "Arrival" looks truly amazing.   This is VERY high on my list.

Sign in to follow this