Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lonewolf89

My TNG Card

15 posts in this topic

i'm so ecstatic so much this has arrived been delivered today not long ago :) :)
i bought this Wil Wheaton Card with my birthday which was not long ago, i am as i said so ecstatic with the card it's made my day more awesome!  in case people didn't know haha i am a huge mega Wheaton fan  :thumbup:

i also bought with my birthday money a vintage 'Star Trek Next Generation USA Magazine' with Wil Wheaton on the front cover, i will post a picture of the magazine when it arrives gets delivered

20160824_124311.jpg

Edited by lonewolf89

i'm so ecstatic so much this has arrived been delivered today not long ago :) :)
i bought this Wil Wheaton Card with my birthday which was not long ago, i am as i said so ecstatic with the card it's made my day more awesome!  in case people didn't know haha i am a huge mega Wheaton fan  :thumbup:

i also bought with my birthday money a vintage 'Star Trek Next Generation USA Magazine' with Wil Wheaton on the front cover, i will post a picture of the magazine when it arrives gets delivered

20160824_124311.jpg

I've still got a couple of hundred of these 25th Anniversary cards somewhere, both TOS and TNG. Are they worth anything?

(I moved the topic to the TNG part of the forum, it fits in better here.)

Congrats on getting the card, lonewolf! It's awesome - I love these cards, they're very neat.

20160824_124311.jpg

I've still got a couple of hundred of these 25th Anniversary cards somewhere, both TOS and TNG. Are they worth anything?

They're not really worth anything per se unless it's maybe a complete or still wrapped set or something, but even then I can't imagine them having any REAL big worth other than a nostalgic one for a devoted collector. I have a bunch of them myself (only the ones that feature Jean-Luc tho, of course).

Congrats on getting the card, lonewolf! It's awesome - I love these cards, they're very neat.

20160824_124311.jpg

They're not really worth anything per se unless it's maybe a complete or still wrapped set or something, but even then I can't imagine them having any REAL big worth other than a nostalgic one for a devoted collector. I have a bunch of them myself (only the ones that feature Jean-Luc tho, of course).

They could be worth something if one gets them autographed (?); assuming one can get a chance to meet Wheaton (maybe if he does a UK show/convention).  I have a friend who collects autographs by mailing her DVD/blu ray sleeve art to certain celebrities and they always send them back autographed (she's collected Tippi Hedron of "The Birds" and Dick van Dyke, to name a couple); I can't imagine Wheaton wouldn't.   

20160824_124311.jpg

They could be worth something if one gets them autographed (?); assuming one can get a chance to meet Wheaton (maybe if he does a UK show/convention).  I have a friend who collects autographs by mailing her DVD/blu ray sleeve art to certain celebrities and they always send them back autographed (she's collected Tippi Hedron of "The Birds" and Dick van Dyke, to name a couple); I can't imagine Wheaton wouldn't.   

Oh yes, autographs change the value, no doubt. I also can't imagine that Wheaton wouldn't sign the card. On the contrary... he'd probably even have a few nice words to say about it. Hehe.

20160824_124311.jpg

Oh yes, autographs change the value, no doubt. I also can't imagine that Wheaton wouldn't sign the card. On the contrary... he'd probably even have a few nice words to say about it. Hehe.

^

He probably would.   
My wife and I have met a lot of celebrities during our many conventions together, and Wil Wheaton is the most genuine 'fanboy' I've ever met.   Lots of celebrities fake fanboy cred to fit in (they think quoting "Star Track" is cute), but Wheaton is the real deal.   He is, was, and probably always will be a sincere fan of the scifi genre; that is completely true. 

My wife is also a huge fan of his online stuff, like "Geek & Sundry" and "Tabletop" (his gaming Youtube series).

20160824_124311.jpg

^

He probably would.   
My wife and I have met a lot of celebrities during our many conventions together, and Wil Wheaton is the most genuine 'fanboy' I've ever met.   Lots of celebrities fake fanboy cred to fit in (they think quoting "Star Track" is cute), but Wheaton is the real deal.   He is, was, and probably always will be a sincere fan of the scifi genre; that is completely true. 

My wife is also a huge fan of his online stuff, like "Geek & Sundry" and "Tabletop" (his gaming Youtube series).

Yeah, he's a real fanboy, it's true. You can't fake that kind of intense love he has for all thinks geeky, haha. I enjoy reading his tweets from time to time - he's really "one of us nerds".

i follow Wheaton on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
i thought i was the only one who watched his 'Tabletop' show  :laugh:

I follow his Tumblr blog; he's a very bright guy.  I enjoy his posts (and his politics). :thumbup:

My wife actually donated for the crowdsource funding for Tabletop (not sure if it was Indiegogo or some other one), and for her donations, received Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD.   She's a huge fan of that show. 

again today i am ecstatic because my Wheaton vintage 'Star Trek Next Generation' USA Magazine arrived got delivered today with also my Wheaton picture of Wil playing a game from Big Bang Theory :) yes Wheaton is my geek nerd hero legend!

20160824_124313.jpg

I follow his Tumblr blog; he's a very bright guy.  I enjoy his posts (and his politics). :thumbup:

My wife actually donated for the crowdsource funding for Tabletop (not sure if it was Indiegogo or some other one), and for her donations, received Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD.   She's a huge fan of that show. 

i agree his blog's are interesting and keep me reading for hours, his sense of humour is funny i think.  can you buy the dvds of Tabletop?

^
I believe the DVDs were a donor exclusive, but they are available on Amazon for purchase as downloads.  I'm not sure about Amazon UK though... 

I love how differently Wheaton looks today from what they imagined for him to look like when he's older in "Hide And Q". :laugh: And I enjoy reading his blog from time to time as well. He once reblogged a Wesley meme I made on Tumblr (Overly Attached Wesley, he suggested the idea himself, it's modeled after the Overly Attached Girlfriend meme) and totally appoved of it and asked for more, and I was like "oh wow, he actually saw my post". 

Found it.

WilWheaton.thumb.png.f3ee2cdb385026f9111

I love that he likes memes and all. All in all a really cool guy.

That's just a little creepy. :)

It's meant to be. ;) And Wil liked it, so who am I to judge. ;) 

That's just a little creepy. :)

It's meant to be. ;) And Wil liked it, so who am I to judge. ;) 

And yes, this was the Wesley "Expectation vs. Reality' meme he posted on his Tumblr blog:

b972afd966f3acd8d793f2d53294725e.jpg

^
I can say, after meeting him a few times at conventions (and at a taping of his defunct SyFy show) that he is one of the most 'real' people I've ever met in the entertainment business.   He looks and acts very much like people in my own social circle. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0