Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

Pokemon Live-Action Movie.......Really !

21 posts in this topic

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Writers Nicole Perlman & Alex Hirsch To Pen Live-Action POKEMON Movie

Legendary Pictures is in negotiations with Guardians of the Galaxy and Gravity Falls scribes Nicole Perlman and Alex Hirsch to write the script for the live-action Pokemon flick.

Jeeezzzuuzz, what are the people at Legendary Pictures thinking - I mean, I am an anime fan, but a Pokemon movie ??? Hollywood just hit a new low LOL

anime-dancing-pikachu-pokemon-Favim.com-

There have been quite a few animated Pokémon movies already, so I guess a live action one is the next logical step, what with Pokémon GO being the latest hype and all.

And please, can Sir Patrick voice Pikachu? (I mean since the movie seems to be based on Great Detective Pikachu... who apparently can talk and all.)

I for one would be highly amused if Sir Patrick voices Pikachu.  And his lines wind up being 2 recording hours of him saying Pikachu in various ways.

There have been quite a few animated Pokémon movies already, so I guess a live action one is the next logical step, what with Pokémon GO being the latest hype and all.

And please, can Sir Patrick voice Pikachu? (I mean since the movie seems to be based on Great Detective Pikachu... who apparently can talk and all.)

I'm not into Pokemon at all, but if Sir Patrick were onboard?  I might give it a try simply for the amusement factor.  :thumbup:

The video game trailer already looks a lot like a movie trailer at first. There was actually a small campaign for Sir Patrick to voice Pikachu for the US release of the game, I'm totally not making this up. It amused me quite a lot. :laugh: 

Therefore I'm all for him voicing Pikachu in that movie. I mean imagine the headlines... "Patrick Stewart to voice Pikachu"... lmfao! (Pretty sure someone would quickly start calling it "Picardchu".)

Therefore I'm all for him voicing Pikachu in that movie. I mean imagine the headlines... "Patrick Stewart to voice Pikachu"... lmfao! (Pretty sure someone would quickly start calling it "Picardchu".)

^
Think you might've just coined it.  
:laugh:

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Writers Nicole Perlman & Alex Hirsch To Pen Live-Action POKEMON Movie

Legendary Pictures is in negotiations with Guardians of the Galaxy and Gravity Falls scribes Nicole Perlman and Alex Hirsch to write the script for the live-action Pokemon flick.

Jeeezzzuuzz, what are the people at Legendary Pictures thinking - I mean, I am an anime fan, but a Pokemon movie ??? Hollywood just hit a new low LOL

anime-dancing-pikachu-pokemon-Favim.com-

Gus, this movie would make a killing! 

When an Pokemon app makes like a billion dollars in it's first week...yea...make a movie!

When an Pokemon app makes like a billion dollars in it's first week...yea...make a movie!

The strange thing is that the movie doesn't seem to have anything to do with Pokémon Go plot-wise... it seems they want to base it on Great Detective Pikachu. Which is strange... I'd have thought they'd be making a movie about the three Pokémon Go team leaders or something. But nah, Detective Pikachu. Not complaining, though... now, about that voice actor they'll be needing... :angel_not:

Does Pokemon Go have a plot? I just figured seeing that much financial interest in a Pokemon property made someone go "hang on a minute...people want to see Pokemon in the real world? Lets make some cash!"

Does Pokemon Go have a plot? I just figured seeing that much financial interest in a Pokemon property made someone go "hang on a minute...people want to see Pokemon in the real world? Lets make some cash!"

Not a plot per se, but one has to keep in mind that the game has only been out for a very short time. They have plans for it, and I'm pretty sure some of those plans involve a bit more of a plot. They wouldn't have introduced the three team leaders if they didn't want to add a bit more story. I'd have thought they'd make a movie about how the three became team leaders and have them unite to fight against whoever shows up (the game doesn't have an antagonist yet, for now the game itself is the antagonist sometimes, what with server outages and Pokémon constantly running away etc etc lol). But then, they might still do that as another animated movie. Maybe a live action movie really makes more sense if it's based on Great Detective Pikachu.

But I am indeed sure that someone had the Pokémon Go hype in mind when they came up with the idea for a live action movie, absolutely. ;)  

I love anime (STUDIOS GHIBLI. YAMATO, MACROSS, NADESICO, ESCAFLOWE, FATAL FURY, VAM,PIRE HUNTER D and yeah...........even POKEMON).

But a live action movie ???

Geee.

Gus

Good for it, I guess.

I'm really perceiving a glee here that I personally don't appreciate. Not sure why you couldn't just announce the total without putting it up against Beyond

Just having to vent that so that I've said my piece and can be done with it.

Edited by prometheus59650

I don't really understand why people are comparing a smartphone app game to a bunch of movies...? Shouldn't they be comparing it to other apps?

What am I missing here...? :confused:  

I don't really understand why people are comparing a smartphone app game to a bunch of movies...? Shouldn't they be comparing it to other apps?

I think it just boils down to the fact that Go is the big thing right now.

Maybe, yes. I love Pokémon Go despite its flaws, but I really don't see why it gets compared to Hollywood movies. Sure, it made more money than some of them... and...? What's the conclusion? (Am I approaching this too logically?) That all movies should be smartphone apps from now on because that's where the real money is? (lol)

Maybe, yes. I love Pokémon Go despite its flaws, but I really don't see why it gets compared to Hollywood movies. Sure, it made more money than some of them... and...? What's the conclusion? (Am I approaching this too logically?) That all movies should be smartphone apps from now on because that's where the real money is? (lol)

I think you are being too logical, yes. :) 

Pokemon go is latest thing in Pokemon craze. Pokemon movie is also Pokemon, so they are all kind of lumped together as the same thing even though they aren't.

I think you are being too logical, yes. :) 

Pokemon go is latest thing in Pokemon craze. Pokemon movie is also Pokemon, so they are all kind of lumped together as the same thing even though they aren't.

Oh! Now I get it. They think a Pokémon live action movie will therefore grab as much money...! 

Well... it won't. lol It won't even have anything to DO with Pokémon Go, for one thing, it appears to be based on a completely different game in the franchise. There is a new console game coming out (Sun and Moon), yes, but it appears to have nothing to do with that one either. If anything, Pokémon Go will help THOSE game sale figures. But movie? Nah. I doubt the franchise has the ability to produce blockbusters. Not saying it hasn't done well, the first animated Pokémon movie is quite good, but I just can't see it as a major movie franchise or anything. Movies have never been the actual focus, they're more like a bonus for the fans. The Pokémon franchise is huge, there are so many different things, but the main focus have always been the games and maybe, to a lesser extent, the animated series that always shifts its main theme and place according to the latest game - they're interconnected and help with introducing the fans to the new region and the new Pokémon. The animated movies always serve as some kind of extra thing. Not sure where the live action movie will fit in though. I'm also not saying there won't be people who will go and see it, but a blockbuster? Highly unlikely. Unless of course, it also manages to appeal to non-fans. Can't see that happening though - Pokémon has always been so fandom-specific. Pokémon Go did draw in a LOT of new fans and people, but I'm not sure they'll be interested in that live action movie... it's a pretty big gamble. 

^

This is the problem (IMO) with turning games into movies; it goes from an interactive, challenging experience to a boring and passive one.  Just my two centavos. :S

A live action pokemon film....this will be interesting.    

I would bet the pokemons would be CGI.  

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0