Sign in to follow this  
Garak the spy

Star Trek Ds9 Documentary!

Ds9 is finally getting some attention! Ira Steven Behr just announced they will be making a documentary on Ds9's production!!

http://trekmovie.com/2016/08/06/exclusive-ira-steven-behr-reveals-details-about-deep-space-nine-documentary-coming-soon/

About damn time!!

tumblr_map9fsRQfi1qd98st.gif

Edited by Garak the spy

Ds9 is finally getting some attention! Ira Steven Behr just announced they will be making a documentary on Ds9's production!!

http://trekmovie.com/2016/08/06/exclusive-ira-steven-behr-reveals-details-about-deep-space-nine-documentary-coming-soon/

About damn time!!

^
Best news today!  
Thanks for that, Garak.  I can't wait!   There is never enough love for DS9 as far as I'm concerned...
:thumbup:

About damn time!!

^
Best news today!  
Thanks for that, Garak.  I can't wait!   There is never enough love for DS9 as far as I'm concerned...
:thumbup:

I'm crazy about how he called all the writers and did a new episode of Ds9!! It's gonna be so awesome!!! :thumbup:

kenman   

I'm quite interested to see this! It should be on a DS9 blu-ray!  (and now a DS9 thread is complete!)

I'm quite interested to see this! It should be on a DS9 blu-ray!  (and now a DS9 thread is complete!)

^
Yes, I see what you did there... :P

I have this hope that, when the new ST017 comes out, DS9 will get the full reappraisal it's always deserved and people will see it for the ahead-of-it's-time show it was. 

I'm pleased to see that at least SOMEONE in SOME capacity in SOME department of CBS appears to remember that Trek is more than just TOS and/or AOS, heh. That being said, I'm happy for all you Niners. This seems like an intriguing documentary for all your fannish DS9 needs. :) 

I'm pleased to see that at least SOMEONE in SOME capacity in SOME department of CBS appears to remember that Trek is more than just TOS and/or AOS, heh. That being said, I'm happy for all you Niners. This seems like an intriguing documentary for all your fannish DS9 needs. :) 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf7Tc0hNY1ONl9K_vmkyo

^
:laugh: :thumbup:

I remember yesterday at the Scott Bakula panel, someone walked up to the mike during the Q&A in a DS Niners' baseball uniform.  Bakula asked how the Niners related to Star Trek (which is understandably confusing to most, since Niners is also an abbreviation for the US' San Francisco 49ers football team).   He also wanted to make sure the young questioner (only 17) was finding time for homework between his Star Trek viewing (the kid said he'd only been into the shows for two years, but was almost finished watching all of it!).

^
:laugh: :thumbup:

I remember yesterday at the Scott Bakula panel, someone walked up to the mike during the Q&A in a DS Niners' baseball uniform.  Bakula asked how the Niners related to Star Trek (which is understandably confusing to most, since Niners is also an abbreviation for the US' San Francisco 49ers football team).   He also wanted to make sure the young questioner (only 17) was finding time for homework between his Star Trek viewing (the kid said he'd only been into the shows for two years, but was almost finished watching all of it!).

wow, nice to hear I'm not the only young fella to be in the yellow Trek boat. Even thought I watched TOS by my 6 or 7 years, I'm still not very much older than he is.

But I did complete high school, so, I can put aside the homework bit. :laugh:

Until I get to med school at least... 

Edited by Garak the spy

The DS9n documentary is produced by the same poeple who produced FOR THE LOVE OF SPOCK. Guess who will be a researcher on the DS9 project ? Yay !

Gus

Ha, thanks my friend. i am as surprised by this turn of events as you guys are ! LOL

Gus

^
That is very cool Gus!   And I'm still looking forward to the Nimoy doc.  I saw Adam Nimoy as the Vegas convention this week, but I didn't talk to him.   I spoke with him briefly at Comic Con in 2015, so I didn't want to bother him this time. :P

Afdam, like his late dad, is a very cool guy. In a recent interview he said he has a person on his FOR TEH LOVE OF SPOCK production team as a researcher who knew too much Star Trek ! LOL, thanks Adam !

Edited by GustavoLeao

Afdam, like his late dad, is a very cool guy. In a recent interview he said he has a person on his FOR TEH LOVE OF SPOCK production team as a researcher who knew too much Stra Trek ! LOL, thanks Adam !

I shook his hand after the 2015 Comic Con panel where I first saw him; he was nice.   As for knowing 'too much' about ST?  I think many of us suffer the same affliction.  I just spent a week at the Vegas convention and not ONCE did I have to ask a single cosplayer what their costume was "supposed" to be.... :P

Congrats, Gus! That's amazing!

Really happy to know this is happening. DS9 deserves far more recognition outside Trekdom than it has. You know what I mean - we're diehards, we know it's great and certainly as good if not better than all other iterations of Star Trek. But I get the idea it's just not recognized in media terms beyond being "another spin-off." 

Any ideas on how much of the cast will be involved in this?

I think I read somewhere Nicole de Boer ( Ezri Dax ) will be a part of the documentay.

I cannot be sure of that though, I don't remember where or when I read that.

Any ideas on how much of the cast will be involved in this?

I think I read somewhere Nicole de Boer ( Ezri Dax ) will be a part of the documentay.

I cannot be sure of that though, I don't remember where or when I read that.

In your wishful thinking, perhaps?  :giggle:

Just teasing you, kid... :P