Robin Bland

RIP Jerry Doyle, Babylon 5's Mr. Garibaldi

14 posts in this topic

Sad news. I wasn't a longtime Babylon 5 viewer, but it had some great character actors, among them Jerry Doyle. I did enjoy his performances as Mr Garibaldi very much. Godspeed and RIP, sir.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/rip-jerry-doyle-babylon-5s-mr-garibaldi-1784462252

He was only 60 (!).  That is indeed tragic.  I'd only caught a couple episodes of the show, but he was solid.  I also liked the idea of his character being a recovering alcoholic.   That was a humanizing trait to his character. 

RIP, Jerry Doyle.   Very sad... 

Sad news. I wasn't a longtime Babylon 5 viewer, but it had some great character actors, among them Jerry Doyle. I did enjoy his performances as Mr Garibaldi very much. Godspeed and RIP, sir.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/rip-jerry-doyle-babylon-5s-mr-garibaldi-1784462252

He was only 60 (!).  That is indeed tragic.  I'd only caught a couple episodes of the show, but he was solid.  I also liked the idea of his character being a recovering alcoholic.   That was a humanizing trait to his character. 

RIP, Jerry Doyle.   Very sad... 

What a year. :(

A terrible shame. Should have had quite a few tomorrows left.

It's sad indeed T_T (I just saw the article on Yahoo and I almost had a heart attack seeing it)

As Londo would phrase it, "Mister Gari-BALD-I."  Great character on my all time favorite television series.  One scene where he gets invasively probed by a telepath to prove his honesty, after it is done he said "I think I need more fiber in my diet."

So much of the cast has passed on now. It's so sad.

He was one of my favorites. Both me and my father ware sad to hear this. We both loved his performance and the episodes he was in. 

May he rest in peace. 

He was a great actor and a great guy. RIP Jerry. And thanks for the B5 memories.

Gus

Shame. I liked him as Garibaldi. RIP. 

Great character on a great show. Mr. Doyle left us too soon. RIP

What a shocker! I really enjoyed his performance as Garibaldi.

RIP Jerry Doyle.

Surprising and sad. I never listened to his radio show but I know he had a loyal following. 

One of the best ways to remember him is get out the season 2 B5 DVD set and listen to the commentary Jerry, Claudia, and Bruce do. It's the most hilarious cast commentary you'll ever hear.

Also sad to watch one of the greatest opening credits in SF and seeing 4 great cast members now sadly gone; Babylon 5 Season Five opening credits

I was so sad to hear that he has passed.