Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

The Future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe ! Yay !

194 posts in this topic

I understand, its that I just not fond of prequels and reboots that are reimagining iconic characters,, be WONDER WOMAN or STAR TREK or even GALACTICA 1980

Its just me

LOL

Gus

The Amazon idea in Wonder Woman is from the canon, even if Crisis changed it. In later comics they had throwbacks to the island and all that.

Posted (edited)

SPOILER FOR Spidey's Homecoming?

On something a bit different regarding Homecoming, Tony Stark's sale of his NYC building. Could this be the vacancy for the Baxter Building?

Edited by Nombrecomun

Here's the first TV Spot for Marvel's THOR RAGNAROK. Awesome !

Another winner from MARVEL Studios, it appears.

Hopefully it will leave me with more than the shrug Homecoming did.

On 8/4/2017 at 9:11 AM, Nombrecomun said:

SPOILER FOR Spidey's Homecoming?

On something a bit different regarding Homecoming, Tony Stark's sale of his NYC building. Could this be the vacancy for the Baxter Building?

Do I smell a potential for FF4 in the future? Maybe ...

On 04/08/2017 at 5:34 PM, prometheus59650 said:

Hopefully it will leave me with more than the shrug Homecoming did.

But...but....but....Its SPIDER-MAN Marvel Studios-style, dude !

Gus

1 hour ago, GustavoLeao said:

But...but....but....Its SPIDER-MAN Marvel Studios-style, dude !

Gus

Oh, it was good. It just wasn't...great. It does not have the awesomeness of, say, Winter Soldier. I need something that pushes the Marvel boundaries even a little bit. Dr. Strange was a bit trippy. GotG2 was interchangeable with the first one. I suspect I'll like Ragnarok mostly because Loki rocks and Cate is lookin' gothically fine. Note:

Image result for cate blanchett thor

Black Panther looks to push boundaries a bit and, with the Avengers, I trust the Russos.

Beyond that, I'm tiring of the straight confectioners sugar of Marvel.

VALERIAN Director Luc Besson Slams Superhero Movies And CAPTAIN AMERICA's "Propaganda"

Bah ! Who cares what he thinks ? I dont like his movies either. I am Brazilian and I love Cap, his my favorite Marvel character.

27 minutes ago, GustavoLeao said:
VALERIAN Director Luc Besson Slams Superhero Movies And CAPTAIN AMERICA's "Propaganda"

Bah ! Who cares what he thinks ? I dont like his movies either. I am Brazilian and I love Cap, his my favorite Marvel character.

I dunno about that.
I very much enjoyed “Fifth Element” (gets more interesting every time I see it) and I also enjoyed “Lucy” (I love Lucy...hehe).  I didn’t see “Valerian...”  but I’d like to someday. 

He’s made others here and there that were pretty good, and I have to agree with him on one point; there is a serious glut of superhero movies right now.  Personally I wouldn’t mind if they thinned the herd a bit.   Make each of them special again, like the first Superman or 1989’s Batman.  Now?  They’re practically rolling off of assembly lines.  I’ve lost count of all of the Marvel movies and TV shows out there....

He's saying Captain America is propaganda but his movie Valerian isn't? Hysterical!!! That movie was funded by the CCCP!!!

4 minutes ago, Nombrecomun said:

He's saying Captain America is propaganda but his movie Valerian isn't? Hysterical!!! That movie was funded by the CCCP!!!

The Soviet Union?  :laugh:

They’ve been out of action for a while now...:P

2 hours ago, Nombrecomun said:

I'm not sure Captain America qualifies anymore.

Somehow I don't see Steve filling the circle for Trump.

As for Valerian, maybe at my budget theater, but the RT rating is lukewarm and, more, I've not seen any commercial for it where anyone is talking much. So I take that as, 'Pretty and little else.'

Edited by prometheus59650

1 hour ago, prometheus59650 said:

I'm not sure Captain America qualifies anymore.

Somehow I don't see Steve filling the circle for Trump.

As for Valerian, maybe at my budget theater, but the RT rating is lukewarm and, more, I've not seen any commercial for it where anyone is talking much. So I take that as, 'Pretty and little else.'

I am SO behind on movies, but "Valerian" looks like interesting eye candy, if nothing else.  Luc Besson's movies are usually worthy of a big venue, even if they're not always terribly smart or make a great deal of sense. 

Next up for me (whenever I can is "Dunkirk", but Marvel #379 (or whatever number the next one will be) are appealing less and less to me right now.  They fun, but kind of empty.  I like a movie with real substance every now and then. 

That said? Captain America is not a surrogate for this or any modern US administration.  See: Winter Soldier.  

7 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

The Soviet Union?  :laugh:

They’ve been out of action for a while now...:P

Ooops! Got carried away with the 'C's. Hehehe....

46 minutes ago, Nombrecomun said:

Ooops! Got carried away with the 'C's. Hehehe....

It's OK.  I grew up in that era...thought I might be having a flashback. :laugh:  Thanks for the memories. :thumbup:

Marvel Comics have  a Captain Britan and even a Russian Captain America-like character. Cmon.

Gus

5 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

and even a Russian Captain America-like character

Is that the horribly drawn guy with the sideways chest that Liefeld doodled? :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0