Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

The Future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe ! Yay !

130 posts in this topic

Don't mind me. Carry on. :) 

Dammit, Spock... you and your infernal Vulcan logic.  :P

I said it with a smile. I'm only half-Vulcan. And I never passed Kolinahr.

:vulcan:

I flunked it too... I was copying off your homework.  :P

Totally illogical. :biggrin:  I wouldn't advise that at the best of times!

There's that smile again... no wonder I flunked. :P

But BOT (ahem!)...

I think the audience that goes to superhero hero movies is a lot more general than the audience for the cartoons; multiverses could fly in a ST-style setting (when audiences expect that kind of thing) but bringing in Miles Morales as an alternate Spiderman from an alternate universe when one doesn't have to is needlessly complicating things.   He could simply be a friend of Peter Parker's who, through some as-yet-unseen circumstance, follows in his footsteps.

I realize Doc Strange is rolling out the multiverse, but I really think they need to use it sparingly.   It could all-too-easily become a crutch for weak screenplays that are too cowardly to make real sacrifices.  

But BOT (ahem!)...

I think the audience that goes to superhero hero movies is a lot more general than the audience for the cartoons; multiverses could fly in a ST-style setting (when audiences expect that kind of thing) but bringing in Miles Morales as an alternate Spiderman from an alternate universe when one doesn't have to is needlessly complicating things.   He could simply be a friend of Peter Parker's who, through some as-yet-unseen circumstance, follows in his footsteps.

I realize Doc Strange is rolling out the multiverse, but I really think they need to use it sparingly.   I could all-too-easily become a crutch for weak screenplays that are too cowardly to make real sacrifices.  

I didn't realize that about Doc Strange - I just assumed it was all part of the MCU. Doc Strange has always been a sort of catch-all for the print MU because he's so powerful. He's kind of a literal deux-ex-machina who can do most things, so he has to be used carefully. I hope they don't make him too powerful in this movie, but I'm guessing they're wise to that.

I'm looking forward to it - I think this one's going to be really entertaining simply because the source material is so wild and full of nutso ideas. Also, never in my born days did I ever think I'd see a really big budget Dr. Strange movie. With Benedict Cumberbatch, no less, in the starring role!

But BOT (ahem!)...

I realize Doc Strange is rolling out the multiverse, but I really think they need to use it sparingly.   I could all-too-easily become a crutch for weak screenplays that are too cowardly to make real sacrifices.  

I didn't realize that about Doc Strange - I just assumed it was all part of the MCU. Doc Strange has always been a sort of catch-all for the print MU because he's so powerful. He's kind of a literal deux-ex-machina who can do most things, so he has to be used carefully. I hope they don't make him too powerful in this movie, but I'm guessing they're wise to that.

I'm looking forward to it - I think this one's going to be really entertaining simply because the source material is so wild and full of nutso ideas. Also, never in my born days did I ever think I'd see a really big budget Dr. Strange movie. With Benedict Cumberbatch, no less, in the starring role!

And to think; I actually thought the first "Iron Man" movie was a bad idea.  But then I saw that first trailer, and I gleefully ate my words.  

Marvel's movies have a nice way of taking their lesser properties ("Ant-Man", "Guardians of the Galaxy" etc) and treating each of them as if they're A-level.   I think this is smart.   They give each one their best; I never sense that Marvel ever uses a "B-team" on any of these...  

I looooooooooooooooooooooooove Marvel Studios movies and Netflix series. Cant wait for THE DEFENDERS.

I mean, Marvel could do  movies about some obsure characters such as Man-Thing or Namor and I would be there on opening night LOL

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

I looooooooooooooooooooooooove Marvel Studios movies and Netflix series. Cant wait for THE DEFENDERS.

I mean, Marvel could do  movies about some obsure characters such as Man-Thing or Namor and I would be there on opening night LOL

Gus

I'm waiting for the Madrox Multiple Comedy Half-Hour, in which one guy plays all the characters in a single sketch show. You get a guest star though, and that could be anyone from Captain America to the Wasp.

I also wanna see Jocasta and Machine-Man in live-action. Preferably as a couple.

Speaking about forgot tales and heroes, I would love to see an INVADERS movie set in WW2.

You have Captain America (of course played by Chris Evans) and his two war allies, the original android Human Torch and Namor, the Submariner, together aginst the Axis. ANd since it is a WW2 movie, even Peggy Carter can appear.

13645125_10210105559974704_1448258260089

The fact that Namor was turned into a sper villain during the modern days makes the character even more interesting (Atlantis is destroyed and he blamed mankind).

I am a huge INVADERS fan and it would be  a blast to watch a movie set in the Golden Age of Marvel Comics.

Edited by GustavoLeao

The Status Of The AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Script

The writing duo of Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely have done stellar work for Marvel Studios specifically on the solo Captain America films. Now, they're hard at work on the next Avengers film.

Vin Diesel Seemingly Confirms The GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY For AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Did GOTG Vol. 2 actor Vin Diesel (Groot) finally confirm once and for all that he and his intergalactic A-hole buddies will feature in Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War? Sure looks that way

Why not just throw in the Star Wars crew at this point.

I'm sorry, but Infinity Wars (so far) sounds like an overstuffed, overcrowded mess.   Unless it's handled with a HUGE helping of Marvel deftness, this could finally be the unwieldy whale that beaches on the studio's shores...

6 Most Likely Heroes Who Could Become The New CAPTAIN AMERICA In The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Following the news that Steve Rogers will no longer be Captain America when Avengers: Infinity War rolls around, we take a look at some of the most exciting and likely candidates to take over the mantle.

The Inhumans can stay home for sure.

Does nothing for me.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0