Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

Trailers for JUSTICE LEAGUE and WONDER WOMAN

32 posts in this topic

The Absolutely Epic Teaser Trailer For JUSTICE LEAGUE Has Arrived

In the most surprising move of the day, director Zack Snyder has officially released the first full-length teaser trailer for his upcoming magnum opus Justice League!

*************************************************************************************************************************

The First Trailer For WONDER WOMAN Starring Gal Gadot Is Finally HERE

Moments after it premiered in Hall H, Warner Bros. has released the first trailer for Wonder Woman and it offers up an amazing look at the Amazonian warrior heading into action with Steve Trevor..

The Wonder Woman trailer looks awesome. Even if Pine is showing he is incapable of playing anyone else other than Kirk.

The Justice League Trailer...

unsure.gif

I'm sold on WW, and that JL trailer is already better than Batman V Superman.

I'm sold on WW, and that JL trailer is already better than Batman V Superman.

^
This.

The new JL trailer has more of a happy feeling than most DC dark movies. I like it.

The new JL trailer has more of a happy feeling than most DC dark movies. I like it.

Looks like they're taking a page out of Marvel's books--er, movies. :P

Looks like they're taking a page out of Marvel's books--er, movies. :P

I think perhaps they might FINALLY be veering away from the notion that everyone in the DCverse is clinically depressed.

There was a joke in the WW trailer!!!! And I could actually see what was happening. I think I may have seen daylight. I'm not sure. 

I think the other heroes will bring that brevity several fans wants in the DCverse. Batman was never, nor should he ever be the "comedic" side of it. Superman .... I can make an argument that he too should be stoic. Just not as dark as Batman.

The Flash and Green Lantern were always the comic relief in that universe anyways.

There was a joke in the WW trailer!!!! And I could actually see what was happening. I think I may have seen daylight. I'm not sure. 

I thought maybe they were showing an advance clip of the blooper reel that would be shown over the end credits... :laugh:

Not terribly interested in either (cape fatigue and all) but that Justice League trailer looked AWFUL to me.  Wonder Woman didn't look horrendous, I just don't really care to see any superhero stuff that much anymore.  But I saw not much that intrigued me about that Justice League. Yech.

Not terribly interested in either (cape fatigue and all) but that Justice League trailer looked AWFUL to me.  Wonder Woman didn't look horrendous, I just don't really care to see any superhero stuff that much anymore.  But I saw not much that intrigued me about that Justice League. Yech.

You're right. It's not great. It's just compared what we've seen of DC this looks mega brilliant!

I think the other heroes will bring that brevity several fans wants in the DCverse. Batman was never, nor should he ever be the "comedic" side of it. Superman .... I can make an argument that he too should be stoic. Just not as dark as Batman.

The Flash and Green Lantern were always the comic relief in that universe anyways.

I suppose that depends on the version of JL that you are referencing. Certainly The Flash, being younger, has been more the comedic relief. GL is dependent on which GL you're talking about. John Stewart certainly isn't comedic relief. Maybe Kyle Rayner in the beginning. Maybe. 

The Amazonian Princess Goes To War In The First Badass TV Spot For WONDER WOMAN

It's light on new footage, but Warner Bros. has gone ahead and released the first extended TV spot for their upcoming DC release Wonder Woman, which stars Gal Gadot in the lead.

Good nite, boa noite !

I suppose that depends on the version of JL that you are referencing. Certainly The Flash, being younger, has been more the comedic relief. GL is dependent on which GL you're talking about. John Stewart certainly isn't comedic relief. Maybe Kyle Rayner in the beginning. Maybe. 

Hal Jordon and Kyle Rayner - yeah. I feel that if they utilized either of those two GLs? It could add the light heartedness people seem to want from the DC movies.

Just what his Superman needs! Darker colors! That'll certainly change the perceptions!

If it is something from the comics, I don't know it's meaning...but it seems to me the largest complaint about his Superman is that he is too dark and brooding...would changing his costume to look MORE like Batman really help that perception at all? 

Just what his Superman needs! Darker colors! That'll certainly change the perceptions!

If it is something from the comics, I don't know it's meaning...but it seems to me the largest complaint about his Superman is that he is too dark and brooding...would changing his costume to look MORE like Batman really help that perception at all? 

No.

He's already a flying Dark Knight in the newer movies.  Pretty soon they might as well just borrow each other's costumes.   This sounds like they're really doubling down on the mistakes of these movies because, well, they're making money (even if it's not a sustained cash flow; it's an explosive upfront return, and apparently that's all that matters to DC/WB).

Its from the "Death of Superman" comic books storyline - when Superman returned to life, he was wearing a black version of his uniform. Its just a nod  to the comic book.

561ffc62098ceb27134585a09296ac20.jpg

Gus

Its from the "Death of Superman" comic books storyline - when Superman returned to life, he was wearing a black version of his uniform. Its just a nod  to the comic book.

561ffc62098ceb27134585a09296ac20.jpg

Gus

Oh, I remember.

I hated it then and I hate it now (and remember how quickly Superman became blue again).   And in modern context, given WB/DC's attempt at "dark knighting" the Superman franchise?   It seems this is just the final step at turning the 'man of steel' into little more than a flying leg breaker. 

If this is the direction they're going and the reason for Superman's 'kinda death' at the end of BvS?  Count me out...

I'll just wait till Affleck does a solo Batman movie. 

First Photos of Henry Cavill as Superman in the JUSTICE LEAGUE Set

Henry Cavill recently appeared to tease Superman's black suit from the comics, but these new images from the Justice League set see him rocking a far more traditional look as the Man of Steel.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/henry-cavill-superman-not-dark-superhero-explains-justice-league-producer-1576701

Gus

"More relatable"? That's a joke. I recently watched BvS. It's a wreck of a movie with some good ideas. I liked WW and surprisingly Affleck did a good job with Batman. Fantastic! These folks just don't get Superman at all. That was clear to me in this movie. 

"More relatable"? That's a joke. I recently watched BvS. It's a wreck of a movie with some good ideas. I liked WW and surprisingly Affleck did a good job with Batman. Fantastic! These folks just don't get Superman at all. That was clear to me in this movie. 

I found myself relating a lot more to Affleck's Bruce Wayne/Batman in that movie.   Superman is a brooding statue in the movie. 

And given the collateral damage of the Metropolis-Kryptonian 'rumble in the concrete jungle', it'd be easy to mistakenly perceive Kryptonians as petty demigods who could ruin Earth on a bad hair day.  Granted,  Wayne didn't yet understand that Superman was 'one of the good ones' but his mistake was certainly easy to relate to...

... that, and the fact that I look and sound exactly like Ben Affleck (pauses for hearty laughter). :laugh: :P

NEbkAteOgD27ec_2_b.jpg

^
Is that a mirror?  :giggle:

It's absolutely just a nod to the comics, but here's my problem with it--they aren't doing the Doomsday storyline.  It was thrown in as an after thought.  "Oh, screw it.  Let's throw in Doomsday." 

"But Superman killed Doomsday."

"Oh.  Ok, let's kill Superman."

"Then we have to bring him back."

"Well, they brought him back in the comics?"

"Yeah, but that was a whole story.  He wore a black costume."
"Sold!"

The use of Doomsday in these movies didn't work.  The whole story requires that Superman be SUPERMAN, not some brooding jerk who gets mad when he has to save people. 

The black costume was only temporary, as in, once the Cyborg Superman story was done (that was the resolution of the Death of Superman), the costume was back to normal.

I'm surprised they aren't bringing in the mullet.

I keep saying that Superman is the key to everything in the DC Universe.  If you can't write Superman right, you can't make this work.

Doing the Death of Superman right must first require Superman to be well established, and loved.  His death has to be felt by the audience both because we the audience cared, and because the heroes cared.  His death has to be something that shakes up the planet, like JFK's did.  Even villains were upset about it.  Luthor was angry that he didn't get the chance to kill Superman himself.

I don't think it can be done in a movie because the whole death and funeral is a movie by itself, and in reality, I think it's a minimum 4 hour story.  Do you even do the 4 Supermen storyline, or do you streamline it like the cartoon movie did?  You'd have to film the movie back to back.

Part one would show Superman at his best.  You see Doomsday.  First he kills innocent people.  Then maybe some other superheroes come in and he beats them all down.  If you really want to up the stakes from the comic, make it A listers, like Wonder Woman, Flash, Martian Manhunter and Hal Jordan.  They all challenge him at the same time, and it's during this battle that Superman gets word of the danger, and rushes in.  By the time he gets there, he's the only one standing. 

The battle would have to be more brutal than anything we have seen.  Not the Michael Bay buildings get destroyed battle.  Superman takes a beating.

The battle of course is reported live by Lois Lane.  The world of course can't even fathom that Superman is losing. 

One important part of the comic that has to be kept in--at one point, Superman has an advantage, but he hears the cries of a kid whose mom is trapped in a burning house, caused by the battle. At this point, Superman appears to have the edge in the battle, at least for now, but instead of continuing to pound on Doomsday, he stops to rescue that woman before returning to the battle.  This was really missing in Man of Steel--Superman's love for the people.  That's who he is.

Of course the battle has to end up in Metropolis.  Not by choice, but Doomsday heads there, and Superman's efforts to stop him fail.  It becomes clear to Superman that he is in a fight to the death, and that if he loses, the entire planet will be destroyed because this monster will not stop until everyone is dead.  He has no help, he has no backup, and he doesn't have the time to heal.  And we see him fight with a ferocity that no one has ever seen.  For the first time in his life, he doesn't pull punches.  He goes all out.  And finally, as the battle worn justice league can only watch, he wins.  And then he falls.

The end of that movie would be his funeral, with a faint sign of hope, and the first of his replacements arrives.

Of course the second movie would establish that the replacement(s) is(are) fake, and the real deal is healing at the Fortress.  He comes back powerless, but leads the fight and by the end of the movie, is restored.

That's how you do it. 

But to do it in a world where Superman isn't even liked?  There would be people celebrating his death.

I found myself relating a lot more to Affleck's Bruce Wayne/Batman in that movie.   Superman is a brooding statue in the movie. 

And given the collateral damage of the Metropolis-Kryptonian 'rumble in the concrete jungle', it'd be easy to mistakenly perceive Kryptonians as petty demigods who could ruin Earth on a bad hair day.  Granted,  Wayne didn't yet understand that Superman was 'one of the good ones' but his mistake was certainly easy to relate to...

... that, and the fact that I look and sound exactly like Ben Affleck (pauses for hearty laughter). :laugh: :P

NEbkAteOgD27ec_2_b.jpg

^
Is that a mirror?  :giggle:

No, Mr. Flintstone. It is not. :P 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0