Sign in to follow this  
Sehlat Vie

San Diego Comic Con 2016 pics

Just wanted to share the 50-60 pics I've taken so far.  

Today (Wednesday still, here in temporally-challenged California) was 'Preview Night'; not considered the 'official' convention just yet, but I got to see the Dealer Hall (got myself a cool Enterprise-B toy!), and some of the surrounding outdoor displays (including a full-size South Park interactive display).  Right now the pics aren't labeled (too tired right now) but they will be soon.  And I'll be adding new pics to this link daily.

Here's the pics: Comic Con 2016 pics

Enjoy!

Hey, I have that Enterprises B on my shelf.  :D 

Nice pics Sehlat. Thanks for sharing. 

You're welcome Garak.

Speaking of which, I added about 60 more today; same link:  Comic Con 2016 pics

Enjoy!

Met author Andy Weir ("The Martian") again today (met him last year, too) after his panel.  It was nice.  :)

I'll try to upload more tonight, but I'm going to be doing a lot of waiting this evening; trying to get a wristband to guarantee myself a place into the infamously-difficult-to-get-into 'Hall H' tomorrow (Saturday) for the Star Trek and ALIENS anniversary panels.   Hall H is the largest venue at Comic Con; with seating for 8,000.   That seems humongous, but with a convention of 130,000?  Not so much.   I'm going to gauge the lines tonight around 7 (after the "Exorcist" remake panel I'm attending).  If the wristband line for Hall H is too unwieldy?  I'll skip it.  I don't want to waste so much precious convention time waiting.   We'll see.   

If I don't get into Hall H (and it's a super b!tch to get into; hours of waiting, even WITH a wristband), my backup plan is to go off the convention site for a few hours, and see Star Trek Beyond at one of the local theatres (haven't seen it yet) and then return to the convention for the evening's other programming.  

There's a panel on Saturday night for a forthcoming TV series remake of the 1979 movie, "Time After Time"; the charming time-travel fantasy directed by Nicholas Meyer (wherein HG Wells sets off in a time machine to track down Jack the Ripper).  Our friend saw the pilot on Wednesday night and loved it, and I'm a big fan of the original, so that's my backup plan.   

v

TIME05.jpg << Nick Meyer's 1979 original

Frankly, if I can't get into Hall H, I won't be too disappointed; I can watch the panels later on Youtube or at the screening room in the convention.   They have daily panel playbacks for everyone who couldn't get in. 

Not to mention that I'm attending the 50th anniversary ST convention in Las Vegas in a couple of weeks anyway....

Good luck with getting into Hall H, Sehlat! I've been and seen that line myself, and it's daunting. I hope you get in so we get your report! Otherwise, enjoy ST:B. Mrs Bland and I (yes, I actually persuaded her to see it with me!) are going tomorrow morning. Can't wait! :) 

Edited by Robin Bland

Good luck with getting into Hall H, Sehlat! I've been and seen that line myself, and it's daunting. I hope you get in so we get your report! Otherwise, enjoy ST:B. Mrs Bland and I (yes, I actually persuaded her to see it with me!) are going tomorrow morning. Can't wait! :) 

My backup plan is looking better and better all the time, to be honest.

The panel I'm attending tonight ends at 7; I'd have to make a mad dash to get in line for Hall H entry wristbands that won't even be given out till 9 pm (!).  So that's a minimum 2 hour wait right there.  Plus, I'd have to be in line the following morning at 7 am.   The hall opens around 9:30.  The ST panel doesn't even begin till 2 pm (the ALIENS panel is after that).

Think I'm going to go with my backup plan; equally fun, and a fraction of the wait time...:thumbup:

And I can't WAIT to hear your thoughts on ST Beyond!  I think I'll see it tomorrow morning as well... 

*crush on Sehlat intensifies* :inlove:;) 

* blushing intensifies...*  :P

tumblr_m75p7mTS2s1rrxhfeo1_500.gif

* copies GIF for future use... * :thumbup:

"I am Flintstonius of Borg... " :P

Careful, or I'm gonna start shipping you with a certain other Borg. :P

tumblr_lzo2u58OTy1r81219o5_250.gif

Careful, or I'm gonna start shipping you with a certain other Borg. :P

tumblr_lzo2u58OTy1r81219o5_250.gif

I'm humbled AND flattered... :thumbup:

Just out of curiosity did you see the Brak and Zorak Pop figures? I'm wanting them so bad but I'm hoping to find them for a realistic price.

Just out of curiosity did you see the Brak and Zorak Pop figures? I'm wanting them so bad but I'm hoping to find them for a realistic price.

I saw booths with Pop figures, but sorry; I don't remember seeing those... :(

Sehlat Vie, are you going to Star Trek Las Vegas on Aug. 3-7?

Yes, I am.  :thumbup:

This is my first Vegas ST con, too.  I've been to the ST Experience in Vegas several times (before it closed) but never for the convention.   I'm excited. 

Here was the ALIENS 30th anniversary panel in Hall H that I had to forsake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqRjzU-G_ow

And the panel for Star Trek's 50th anniversary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe7oW0IDCIc

I knew they'd be on Youtube sooner or later... glad I didn't wait all day to see them (and I wouldn't have gotten that good a seat, I'm sure; I would've been watching off the monitors, just like this ^).

Sign in to follow this