Sign in to follow this  
Nombrecomun

General DC Discussion

1 hour ago, prometheus59650 said:

"Suicide Solo" with Margot Robbie --  25% darker with 30% less plot.

“The Dark and the Darker”; Batman fights his own shadow for two hours... the shadow wins.  :P

48 minutes ago, GustavoLeao said:
Oh, how nice !
Gal Gadot is a doll !

I didn’t see this happen personally, but my wife took a quick video of the entire Justice League cast when they were leaving.  And yes, Gadot is awesome.   Very, very cool of her to make a little girl’s dreams come true like that.    Nice to see her beauty extends internally as well... :happy:

I don't really like the idea of Whedon directing the Batgirl movie. He tends to insert a particular type of dialogue that can feel grating -- there's too much smug humour and wordplay, and as a result scenes can feel a bit artificial. I don't think he's bad at what he does (I remember liking some of his previous work) but I do wish they had gone for a different director. That being said, I don't know much about the actual character, so maybe the Whedon style will suit her.

6 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:
THE FLASH Season 4 Adds BATTLESTAR GALACTICA And LONGMIRE Actress Katee Sackhoff As Blacksmith

Heck, I might actually watch it to see Katie act circles around the rest of them.

56 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

Heck, I might actually watch it to see Katie act circles around the rest of them.

She is a force of nature.  I adore her Starbuck, and I even follow her on Instagram.  Alas, I've not seen "Longmire" (mainly because I'm not a big western fan) but I think she could only elevate whatever project she's in.  She's THAT good.

1 hour ago, Sehlat Vie said:

She is a force of nature.  I adore her Starbuck, and I even follow her on Instagram.  Alas, I've not seen "Longmire" (mainly because I'm not a big western fan) but I think she could only elevate whatever project she's in.  She's THAT good.

I'm not a big western guy either, and I haven't watched it recently but Longmire isn't bad.

The Bionic Woman remake was awesome just watching Katie steal the whole damn thing.

27 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

I'm not a big western guy either, and I haven't watched it recently but Longmire isn't bad.

The Bionic Woman remake was awesome just watching Katie steal the whole damn thing.

She should’ve BEEN the Bionic Woman.  She would’ve been a perfect lead for that show, and not its villain. 

6 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

I'm intrigued but I'm also wondering if this might destroy the mystery that is the Joker.  

I think Chris Nolan was wise to keep the Joker's origin an enigma; an ever-shuffling deck of cards that changed from lie to lie.  I enjoyed that approach, as it made him seem less human and more a force of nature.  We know he's mortal (of course) but keeping him a mystery (right down to his custom-made clothes) made him something 'other' as well. 

Once you solve the puzzle, there's nowhere else to go, right?

Speaking of unsold TV pilots, how about the 2011 pilot of WONDER WOMAN starring Adrianne Palicki (AGENTS OF SHIELD) for NBC ? Its available on Dailymotion and its not AS bad as you might think..

Boa noite. Good night.

Looking back at the first Justice League movie, 20 years later (EW.com)

Ugh. I have this 1996 unsold TV Pilot on a bootleg DVD. 2 hours of my life i will neve rget back. LOL

Edited by GustavoLeao

7 minutes ago, GustavoLeao said:
Looking back at the first Justice League movie, 20 years later (EW.com)

Ugh. I have this 1996 unsold TV Pilot on a bootleg DVD. 2 hours of my life i will neve rget back. LOL

They look like they’re late for their local Comic Con...

8 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

Worst. TV. Pilot. Ever.

This one make Zach Snyder BvS look like a masterpiece from the DC universe

Gus

LOL!
No doubt.

Those costumes are just...incredibly awful.   I’ve seen far better made by amateurs.   Not exaggerating one bit. 

Finallly the 3 hour extended TV version of SUPERMAN THE MOVIE, the 1978 classic movie starring the late, great Christopher Reeve, will be available on Blu-Ray coming soon !

RIP Chris As everyone here knows, I love the Reeve movies - even III and IV

I'll take 40 more minutes of that.

I actually don't hate III at all. There's some interesting stuff in there. The problem is Pryor and it's not even his fault. He acts capably and gives it his all, he's just seriously miscast.

Edited by prometheus59650

1 hour ago, prometheus59650 said:

I'll take 40 more minutes of that.

I actually don't hate III at all. There's some interesting stuff in there. The problem is Pryor and it's not even his fault. He acts capably and gives it his all, he's just seriously miscast.

I consider III to be a guilty pleasure. One of the actual positive aspects of it was not much of Margot Kidder (who wasn't the best Lois Lane, that I must say). Annette O'Toole's Lana Lang was a relief versus Kidder.

I remember seeing IV once when we recorded it off Pay Per View back in '87 but my parents didn't like it and taped over it. It wasn't until I got it in the DVD set that I found out firsthand just how much suck was in it. The special effects were laughably awful (ugh) and not to mention seeing the strings holding Superman up when he lands on the moon (which he uses to eclipse the sun to get rid of Nuclear Man). Can't blame the Razzies for nominating it for worst special effects, not to mention plot material ripped from the superior "Superman II." Well, it was done by Cannon Films which was guilty of a lot of low-budget crud spanned over several decades. It flopped at the box office too.

Sign in to follow this