Sign in to follow this  
Nombrecomun

General DC Discussion

I've often thought that and then I have to remind myself that I'm watching a cartoon....or a cartoon-like movie. 

That's what makes the conversation a little fun.  Obviously, it's not a serious topic, but it's one to ponder.

BATMAN AND ROBIN and X-MEN 3 are on the top of my personal list of "worst of the worst" of comic book movies, no doubt about that. Joel Schumacher turned Batman in 2-hour joke in his movie (if you can call BATMAN AND ROBIN "a movie") and X-MEN 3 was a waste of a good cast.

kenman   

I didn't like the either Hulk movie.  He just doesn't have enough to carry a movie it seems, even if you cast Edward Norton!

Norton's is watchable, while Ang Lee's is not.

Though I don't entirely disagree that the Hulk as a character is only really fit to be the bridesmaid and not the bride.

kenman   

To me they were equally dull and boring. And since the Ang Lee film ended with the Hulk in some South American jungle, which is where he was at the beginning of the Norton picture...and since he was recast again for Avengers?  They might as well take place in the same universe as far as I am concerned. 

Norton's is watchable, while Ang Lee's is not.

Though I don't entirely disagree that the Hulk as a character is only really fit to be the bridesmaid and not the bride.

I agree the Norton movie was far superior; Lee's approach was a bit too artsy fartsy for the subject matter.

I wasn't really bored at all with the Norton version, though I also agree that it's not without its flaws.  

All the same, it doesn't belong anywhere near a Top 10 Worst list, IMO...

kenman   

I've seen a lot worse in the superhero genre.

Green Lantern, anyone?

well that was number one on the list...so even the list puts it ahead of Hulk. 

I've seen a lot worse in the superhero genre.

Green Lantern, anyone?

well that was number one on the list...so even the list puts it ahead of Hulk. 

I can't argue with Green Lantern at the #1 spot.

It's not only a bad superhero movie, but one of the worst 'big' movies I've paid to see in the last ten years.  

I think BvS was much worse than Green Lantern.  Not even close.  The butchering of Superman, the butchering of Batman, the butchering of Lex Luthor, the dark tone, all of it--horrible.

I think BvS was much worse than Green Lantern.  Not even close.  The butchering of Superman, the butchering of Batman, the butchering of Lex Luthor, the dark tone, all of it--horrible.

I could take BvS seriously; I couldn't do the same with Green Lantern.  

There were elements of BvS that I still enjoyed (Bat-fleck, Wonder Woman's intro theme, etc).  There is NOTHING about Green Lantern that I would give two flaming farts to ever see again in my lifetime. 

kenman   

I don't want to take these movies seriously.  Maybe that's the thing with me. These movies should be goofy fun. They are about men in kooky costumes fighting the bad guys...they shouldn't be taken too seriously. 

I could take BvS seriously; I couldn't do the same with Green Lantern.  

There were elements of BvS that I still enjoyed (Bat-fleck, Wonder Woman's intro theme, etc).  There is NOTHING about Green Lantern that I would give two flaming farts to ever see again in my lifetime. 

This. I COULD watch BvS again for Batfleck alone. The rest of that mess would be painful, but Batfleck is watchable.

There's nothing watchable in Green Lantern. Nothing.

I don't want to take these movies seriously.  Maybe that's the thing with me. These movies should be goofy fun. They are about men in kooky costumes fighting the bad guys...they shouldn't be taken too seriously. 

Yeah, but camp gets old really fast.   There has to be a balance; I think Marvel really sets the bar for these kinds of movies.  The perfect combination of genuine thrills and silliness. And even though I don't ever want to see DC descend back into '60s "BIFF SOCK & POW!" in a big budget release?  It wouldn't hurt their characters to crack a bloody smile every now and then...    

kenman   

Yeah, but camp gets old really fast.   There has to be a balance; I think Marvel really sets the bar for these kinds of movies.  The perfect combination of genuine thrills and silliness. And even though I don't ever want to see DC descend back into '60s "BIFF SOCK & POW!" in a big budget release?  It wouldn't hurt their characters to crack a bloody smile every now and then...    

I didn't say go full on camp.  I said they should be fun. 

I didn't say go full on camp.  I said they should be fun. 

On that, I agree.

But the line from fun to frivolous gets blurred pretty quickly; I think the lessons of the '90s Batman movies still rings in some ears at DC/WB; perhaps too much so (?).

Saw that this morning.  I'm very interested in this storyline.  Less interested in another recurring speedster villain though.  Would like some variety this year.

Ok, so apparently there is going to actually BE a Booster Gold movie.

Greg Berlanti is working on it.  It will NOT be attached to the DC Movie universe.  Basically, that means it will likely be the best DC movie out there.

I just read Stan Lee just said he do cameos and write if DC calls. Sounds like an interesting idea if you ask me.

I just read Stan Lee just said he do cameos and write if DC calls. Sounds like an interesting idea if you ask me.

That's kind of odd... it's like having Yosemite Sam volunteer to cameo in a Disney movie.   Why would DC want that, really? 

Stan Lee is Mr. Marvel.   The only way I could see him in a DC film would be if he were saying to the audience, "Wouldn't you rather be watching one of MY movies?"

Sign in to follow this