Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

TOS in VHS

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, someone here still uses VHS ? I am donating my entire TOS library on VHS, plus the entire TAS on VHS too, but I cant find a living soul who wanted these Paramount Home Video tapes. I even tried to donate it to a college comics library here in my city, but they only accepted DVDs. I just dont wanna putting those almost 100 VHS tapes in the trash. Good morning, and I accept suggestions

13692639_10209958326093949_4557758869731

Oh, I forgot about my TOS movie collection too. I tried eBay and nothing.

13654314_10209963841711836_6006635536265

Gus

Tip of the hat for trying to give them away - I gave mine to my daughter a few years ago - also donated my laserdisc editions to the library.  You've used up my first two suggestions.  I always like to give to my local library.  A little surprised about ebay, but I guess the cost of shipping would be more than they're worth.

Maybe a yard sale?

ME

Nah. But thanks for the kind words. The problem is that I just dont have space in my office at home to store all those VHS tapes. If anyone wants them, I will give in a blink of the eye. But VHS is just  a relic these days (years) so its difficult to find  a collector who wants them.

Gus

I'd recommend donating them to either a flea market or antique store.  Both places sell VHS tapes to the few collectors that are still looking for them.

I'd recommend donating them to either a flea market or antique store.  Both places sell VHS tapes to the few collectors that are still looking for them.

That's true.  At least, I regularly see Star Trek laserdiscs at antique stores, less so VHS though.

That's true.  At least, I regularly see Star Trek laserdiscs at antique stores, less so VHS though.

I sold a bunch of my ST laserdiscs on eBay about 12 years ago; the collector-nerd in me kind of wishes I hadn't.  But since I don't even have a working LD playback machine anymore I figured, what's the point?

I sold a bunch of my ST laserdiscs on eBay about 12 years ago; the collector-nerd in me kind of wishes I hadn't.  But since I don't even have a working LD playback machine anymore I figured, what's the point?

Yeah, I have been tempted to buy them when I see them.  I don't have a player either.  Part of it is how much I love the cover art for the Original Series movies though.  Fun to display!  I'd like to track down some of the soundtracks on vinyl.  Same great cover art, but more useful!

Edited by Locutus