CaptPapa

Anton Yelchin Dies

kenman   

That is a real bummer.  I just saw him give a pretty great performance in the film "Green Room."  He was a Chekov that I didn't know whether I loved or hated...but man...a charismatic and likable young guy taken far too soon.  A year younger than I am.  A real shame. 

Hammer   

He left his car in neutral on a steep driveway and somehow got pinned between his car and a brick mailbox which was attached to a security gate. Friends became alarmed when he didn't show up to a rehearsal and found him in his driveway at 1 AM. 

How did he get behind the car and why did he leave his car at all? Did he get out to check his mail? Did he get behind it to try and stop the car from rolling? Did he bump it out of gear accidentally or just forget to take it out of neutral?

Such an innocent mistake with a tragic consequence.

kenman   

It is such a shame too...because it is the kinda thing where it comes suddenly...no warning, and just seems like a simple mistake ended a promising career. 

And the more I think about it...his Chekov was pretty charming in 2009. The running through the halls shouting "I can do that" is a fun scene.  An actor with a lot too offer. 

kc1966   

He left his car in neutral on a steep driveway and somehow got pinned between his car and a brick mailbox which was attached to a security gate. Friends became alarmed when he didn't show up to a rehearsal and found him in his driveway at 1 AM. 

How did he get behind the car and why did he leave his car at all? Did he get out to check his mail? Did he get behind it to try and stop the car from rolling? Did he bump it out of gear accidentally or just forget to take it out of neutral?

Such an innocent mistake with a tragic consequence.

This is tragic.  Of course, any death is tragic but for such a young man it just brings it home more I guess.  Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Scotty   

That's sad news. At least he got the 3rd one done. It should be a tribute to him. As much I disliked the reboot, I did like how they got an actual russian. Rest in peace, thank you for being Star Trek.

I was at lunch with my wife's family for Father's Day (in the US) when my wife got a CNN alert on her phone; she said "The actor who played Chekov died!"   I thought (at first) that Walter Koenig had passed away, but was mortified to learn that it was Anton Yelchin instead (!); he was so young.  I'm still a bit numb and trying to process, but my condolences to the Yelchin family and all of his loved ones.   He seemed like a sweet guy, and I'm sure many people loved him. 

I'm sure the new movie will feature a dedication to him.

He was an awesome younger John Connor in "TERMINATOR SALVATION". I can't wait to see his performance in "GREEN ROOM" - starring Patrick Stewart

kenman   

He was an awesome younger John Connor in "TERMINATOR SALVATION". I can't wait to see his performance in "GREEN ROOM" - starring Patrick Stewart

Well, he was young Kyle Reese in that movie. Christian Bale was Connor. 

Right ! I am kinda out of my mind after this tragedy, sorry, he played Reese, of course.

GREEN ROOM will be released on Blu-Ray on July 12. I gonna watch this movie as a tribute to Anton Yelchin (and of course, I have to check the much praised performance of Sir Patrick Stewart in this movie)

13494993_10209743115833827_6055179278853

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

Hammer   

I keep thinking 'what are the odds of something like this happening?' and how it could have been avoided. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

I couldn't help thinking today: last Sunday Yelchin woke up to news of about 20--soon to be 49--people dying in Orlando. He probably had the same sad thoughts and ruminations on mortality all of us had. But he had no way to know that he had exactly one week to live. I hope he has some brief, shining moments of joy in that week. 

Im weary of having all these morbid thoughts. Im still so rattled from Orlando. Maybe I'm raw, cause it's not like I was attached at all to this particular celebrity or Trek actor. I only ever cried--and Im mean sobbed--over a Trek actor dying when Nimoy died. When Kelley died, and Doohan, whom I had met at a convention like a lot of us, I was sad I guess but not really. I certainly did not cry. I was still a kid when they went. Maybe there is something about adulthood that makes us a bit more emotional with others pass. We know we are closer to that end than we once were. Or more likely we know what's at stake. We have so much we don't want to lose. 

Im really sorry for Yelchin, the future he won't get to have, and for his family.