Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

THE WRATH OF KHAN ShoWest Trailer (1982)

3 posts in this topic

Before the directors cut of STAR TREK II THE WRATH OF KHAN, there was STAR TREK II the ShoWest trailer.

Packed with all-new footage and alternate takes, this extended trailer created for the ShoWest media event in LA in early 1982, shows several scenes that were cut from the movie and never released to the public to this day, most notebly, Captain Spock revealing to Admiral Kirk that Lt Saavik is indeed a Half-Romulan hybrid and a sequence at the final scene of the movie  which hints for a romantic relationship between Saavik and David Marcus, Kirk's son. There are also tons of alternate takes of Khan and the TOS cast in some scenes, and its a shame that Paramount refuses to release these footage in future Blu-Rays release, and instead, featuring the same bonus material again and again in their STAR TREK II Blu-Ray releases. 

The trailer is narrated by William Shatner and features a musterious temp soundtrack which I never heard again.

Here's the ShoWest rare STAR TREK II footage at YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od4BjWW5jTw

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

I find it interesting that Saavik is so front and center in this trailer.  It's too bad they cut the bit about her being half romulan, which is interesting.  I was so surprised  when she exhibited emotion like when Scotty holds his nephew in the turbolift or at Spock's funeral.  The Romulan half would have made it more understandable.  By STIII, she seemed 100% Vulcan when Robin Curtis took over the role.

Well, at least in the novels and the comic books, Saavik has always been Half-Romulan. Put this little scene back in the movie and voila ! Its canon !

Gus

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0