Sign in to follow this  
Space Elf

2 Usernames?

I trying to change my icon and while I'm poking around I found a Display Name Setting and it says 

Change Display Name

You have made 0 of 2 display name changes since 01/02/2016. You are permitted to make 2 changes in a 365-day period. 

So are we allowed to have two screen names but under one account? and we can go back and fourth depending on what name you want a certain post under? I'm curious. As I found a new name but I do like my current name as well and would not want to lose it. I just never seen a feature like this before.

Edited by Space Elf

I think you are allowed to just change your screen name twice a year or something. 

Yup, this. 

You can have only one username at a time. You can CHANGE that username, but you can't use the old one simultaneously.

One user = one username. ;) 

Well if I did change could I just keep changing but only 2 times in that year or if I changed and went back to the old name and chaged it agian would I be stuck with that name forever or just until the next year?

BTW I am not going to change just was wondering.

For now, you can change your username 2 times/year.  I say 'for now', because that will be clarified.  Changing to a previous username counts as a username change.

The main thing to remember is what Mr.Picard said, "One user = one username".  Otherwise it's a violation of Section 11: Misrepresentation of the BBS Policy.

I really don't a point in changing usernames. I have changed 3 times in 11 years. You can only change your twice a year. If you were to change your name on August 1st 2016, you then decide to change it in a month, on September 1st  2016. You'll have to wait until August 1st 2017, because of your first change.