Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

DC Movies Crisis ? JUSTICE LEAGUE in Chaos ?

It's up to the writers to ignore that temptation.  Here's an example--every year they do a big crossover show.  Last year the crossover set the stage for Legends.  The crossover episode is normally fairly epic, and it's always fun and well done.  This year, we are expecting a 4 show crossover and anything can happen there.  The bar is set very high and they will have a lot of work to do to deliver.  BUT, this crossover will be a once a year thing.  As tempting as it is to have crossovers all the time, they don't do it.  At best, you'll get a cameo a few times on each show, which actually makes a lot of sense because they share a universe and would talk on the phone or see each other on occasion.

But only one major story per year.

They could totally do that with Superman.  A story like the one this year, with Kryptonians running around doing bad things--that would NECESSARILY get Superman's attention.  He SHOULD have been involved. 

Supergirl's weakness last year was putting Kara in positions that Superman should be by her side in.  Seeing Superman do that Wile E. Coyote belly flop was not a good thing.  They have to weaken the character or the story just to exclude him. 

So I would have that one big story a year with Superman, and then maybe a cameo here and there.  They don't even have to have him in costume in that cameo--he could be Clark.

No--they would not overuse him.  The writers have shown that restraint on their other shows.

As for Cat--yes, she is pretty awesome, but it isn't the Cat Grant Show.  But for the record--it's not the writers and those in charge that would CHOOSE to reduce Flockhart's role on the show.  It's Flockhart not wanting to move to Canada full time, which is understandable.  She's probably negotiating a schedule.  Maybe spend a chunk of time there and film a bunch of episodes, then a chunk of time off.

As for Cat--yes, she is pretty awesome, but it isn't the Cat Grant Show. 

I wish it were... I'd watch.  

THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS Creator Frank Miller Weighs In On Ben Affleck's Batman

The always outspoken Frank Miller has shared his thoughts on Ben Affleck's take on the Caped Crusader in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but does he approve of Zack Snyder's take on the character?

Edited by GustavoLeao

Given how much the story borrowed from his work, he wouldn't trash it, even if the movie sucked.  Ultimately, Miller is partially responsible for the weakening of Superman and the ridiculous notion that Batman could beat him. 

Geee, I love Frank Miller stuff. DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, BATMAN YEAR ONE, DAREDEVIL BORN AGAIN, SIN CITY amd even his early SPIDER-MAN stories.

Gus

Geee, I love Frank Miller stuff. DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, BATMAN YEAR ONE, DAREDEVIL BORN AGAIN, SIN CITY amd even his early SPIDER-MAN stories.

Gus

I loved DKR and Year One, too.   I think his Dark Knight was much more interesting.  And I also agreed with him on Affleck's Batman; he was (IMO) the most interesting part of the movie. 

I liked Year One but I have long felt DKR is one of the most overrated things. I know it made a big splash when it came out, but I don't think it has aged very well. Seems VERY 80s, and I honestly don't think it was THAT interesting of a story.  Tonally, I see why it was successful and how it influenced the tone of many Batman comics that came after...but storywise?  Eh.

I think Miller is just too dark.  I don't have a problem with Batman being darker than say, Adam West's era, but I think the level Miller took things to was a bit much.  The Justice League cartoon had it right.  Batman was a major badass, but still likeable.  He didn't lose what made him good.

Again, you are forgetting that in the DC Universe we have various versions of the characters and all of them are valid, so Frank Miller's Batman was entirely his version of the character and fans love it (and still do since he is writing the final chapter in the DARK KNIGHT RETURNS trilogy this year). Miller is like Alan Moore - love him or hate him, his works always speak for itself.

(Same thing about Alex Ross and his versions of olders Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman in his epic masterpiece KINGDOM COME.)

13254076_10209528105698708_8354974896474

So, I have no problem with MIller at all, I like his writing and love his art, and love the animated movies based on his work, aka THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS and BATMAN YEAR ONE animated DVD movies.

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

You're right about that.  I have no real issue with Miller's work in THAT regard, but as the MAIN Batman--the one we follow on whatever Earth is Earth Prime at the time--it doesn't work for me.  That's a big reason I have such an issue with Snyder--that's NOT the character. 

Possible Titles For Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE Movies Revealed; More DC Films Release Dates?

Four possible titles for Zack Snyder's two Justice League have been revealed, as have four new release dates for DC Films which take up right up to the end of 2021.

Possible Titles For Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE Movies Revealed; More DC Films Release Dates?

Four possible titles for Zack Snyder's two Justice League have been revealed, as have four new release dates for DC Films which take up right up to the end of 2021.

Please tell me Snyder is neither directing nor involved in the writing of these movies.

Or on second thought, DO tell me.   If he is personally involved, I can save myself a lot of money by avoiding them in theatres. :thumbup:

I'm just tired of paying to see movies that I know will only disappoint me.   It's one of the reasons I'm avoiding the new X-Men Apocalypse.  I realize the reviews haven't been too bad, but I don't want to throw away $10-$15 on a deliberately mediocre experience.  

I want to save my moviegoing funds for GOOD movies; movies that actually stimulate or interest me.   I wonder if there'll be another "Martian" or "Interstellar" this year (?).

Snyder is indeed directing the two JUSTICE LEAGUE PART 1 and PART 2 movies, coming in 2017 and 2020, with Johns and Affleck as producers.

Even the 1997 JUSTICE LEAGUE TV Pilot is looking good these days LOL

13305094_10209598519739015_3388581658075

Just kidding, guys, just kidding.

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

Snyder is indeed directing the two JUSTICE LEAGUE PART 1 and PART 2 movies, coming in 2017 and 2020, with Johns and Affleck as producers.

Thanks for saving me money... :laugh:

13305094_10209598519739015_3388581658075

Just kidding, guys, just kidding.

Gus

And yeah, these guys ^ wouldn't even pass muster at Comic Con, let alone a new TV show or movie... 

My pleasure !

And I agree a 100% when you said "I'm just tired of paying to see movies that I know will only disappoint me."

Thats why I am not gonna see STAR TREK BEYOND on the big screen. I will wait for the Blu-Ray instead.

But thats another story.

Gus

Please tell me Snyder is neither directing nor involved in the writing of these movies.

Or on second thought, DO tell me.   If he is personally involved, I can save myself a lot of money by avoiding them in theatres. :thumbup:

I'm just tired of paying to see movies that I know will only disappoint me.   It's one of the reasons I'm avoiding the new X-Men Apocalypse.  I realize the reviews haven't been too bad, but I don't want to throw away $10-$15 on a deliberately mediocre experience.  

I want to save my moviegoing funds for GOOD movies; movies that actually stimulate or interest me.   I wonder if there'll be another "Martian" or "Interstellar" this year (?).

Glad I'm not the only one!

Batman v. Superman was the tipping point.   I almost felt like I could've just stayed home and read spoilers.  

Batman v. Superman was the tipping point.   I almost felt like I could've just stayed home and read spoilers.  

Man of Steel made me do that for that movie. The funny part is while I haven't avoided spoilers really, I still pretty much don't know nor care what happens in that movie. 

Justice League Part 1 hits theaters November 17th, 2017.

Justice League: Part One stars Herny Cavill as Superman/Clark Kent, Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince, Jason Mamoa as Aquaman/Arthur Curry, Ezra Miller as The Flash/Barry Allen, Ray Fisher as Cyborg/Victor Stone, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Amber Heard as Mera, J.K. Simmons as Commissioner James Gordon, and Willem Dafoe. The film is directed by Zack Snyder and written by Chris Terrio.

Gus

Justice League Part 1 hits theaters November 17th, 2017.

Justice League: Part One stars Herny Cavill as Superman/Clark Kent, Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince, Jason Mamoa as Aquaman/Arthur Curry, Ezra Miller as The Flash/Barry Allen, Ray Fisher as Cyborg/Victor Stone, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Amber Heard as Mera, J.K. Simmons as Commissioner James Gordon, and Willem Dafoe. The film is directed by Zack Snyder and written by Chris Terrio.

Gus

This just sounds like an overstuffed mess.  Snyder directing (again) doesn't exactly inspire me.   Given Wonder Woman's short shift in BvS, and Aquaman's 'blink-and-you'll-miss-him' cameo, I'm getting the impression that in terms of handling a large unwieldy 
ensemble?  This will be more 1997's "Batman and Robin" than 2012's "Avengers"

If it's coherent in the least, I'll be surprised.

DOPE Director Rick Famuyiwa Will Take The Helm Of THE FLASH Movie For Warner Bros.

Seth Grahame-Smith recently parted ways with Warner Bros. over The Flash, leaving the 2018 release without a director. Well, they've now chosen Rick Famuyiwa as the new director of the DC movie.

maxresdefault.jpg

Gus

Yeah, but Wonder Woman is in the can.  I think it's done.  Nothing can be done to save it.

It sounds like Justice League is the first movie that can possibly be affected by Johns, but if Snyder is directing it, and Johns didn't burn the script and write a new one, I don't think there's much hope.

Yeah, but Wonder Woman is in the can.  I think it's done.  Nothing can be done to save it.

It sounds like Justice League is the first movie that can possibly be affected by Johns, but if Snyder is directing it, and Johns didn't burn the script and write a new one, I don't think there's much hope.

Really?  It's a year away.

They could reshoot it till the cows come home.    "Rogue One" is currently in reshoots and it's release date is December of this year. 

Sign in to follow this