Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

DC Movies Crisis ? JUSTICE LEAGUE in Chaos ?

2 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:

And sorry guys, I loved the late Richard Pryor,

I loved him too; his comedy albums and specials were terrific.   He’s one of my favorite comedians of all time.  

But in Superman III?  He fits like a fish on a bicycle.    It’s like Robin Williams’ “Toys”; an otherwise brilliant comedian wasted in a horrible movie. 

I actually like Richard Lester as a director, he's no Donner, but he's good.

Again, I enjoyed his “Hard Day’s Night” (the movie that make “The Monkees” possible  :laugh:) but his tendency towards slapstick undermines EVERYTHING that Richard Donner fought so hard to accomplish in the first movie by treating Superman with appropriate gravitas and respect.    Zack Snyder doesn’t get it either, to be fair.  He substitutes gravitas/respect with dark-as-a-serial killer’s basement.  That didn’t work either.

But Lester reduces the awe and power of the ‘man of steel’ into a joke.

The best scene from SUPERMAN III - Clark Kent fights the bad Superman - one of the best scenes Chris Reeve played in the Salkinds movie, because it proves that he makes you believe that Clark and Superman are too different persons

I do agree that this is the best scene in S3, which is part of the problem; the wild inconsistency in tone.   It almost feels like a deleted scene from a better Superman movie.  The rest of the movie is so light in tone that it almost floats away.  

Well, I still like Lester nevertheless.

I like the stuff he shoot for SUPERMAN II and his humoristic and more romantic, light approach to SUPERMAN III (which feels like  a Silver Age Superman comic book, my favorite version of the character)

What can I say ? I know Chris Reeve hated working with Lester and the Salkinds on SUPERMAN III,  and his main reason to return to SUPERMAN IV was that Cannon Films finally produced his long-time project STREET SMART with Morgam Freeman, but well, thats okay.

7cfc4af0ff29205b9398b842ebe5e401.jpg

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Intriguing New Details On The BTS Drama That Led To WB's "Frankenstein" DC Movie Emerge

We already know there was a lot of behind-the-scenes turmoil in the buildup to the release of Justice League, but now a new report sheds some more light on what was going on.

Good morning, bom dia !

4 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:
JUSTICE LEAGUE: Intriguing New Details On The BTS Drama That Led To WB's "Frankenstein" DC Movie Emerge

uRYebS0.gif

Sorry... couldn’t resist. :giggle:

LOL you gotta love Mel Brooks movies !

Gus

I adore Mel Brooks movies.

Sign in to follow this