Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

DC Movies Crisis ? JUSTICE LEAGUE in Chaos ?

I wonder where the protection is coming from. Just get rid of Snyder!!!

They can't officially. It'd be a PR nightmare (Admission that Snyder has utterly failed) They sank too much money into him, his vision, and touting him as, basically DC's answer to Feige.

Unofficially however, Snyder just got demoted.

Sounds like Orci with Star Trek Beyond... 

Except Paramount didn't give Orci a billion dollars to flush.

Bullet dodged. ;)

They can't officially. It'd be a PR nightmare (Admission that Snyder has utterly failed) They sank too much money into him, his vision, and touting him as, basically DC's answer to Feige.

Except Paramount didn't give Orci a billion dollars to flush.

Bullet dodged. ;)

tumblr_mlu197sdBB1rsm741o1_250.gif 

kenman   

And we haven't heard a peep about Orci's involvement or that he has actually done anything since he "stepped down" as director.  He was fired politely more likely. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Snyder lasts beyond this next movie in any capacity (if some other DC movies that are forthcoming pre-the JL movie under-perform...I would not be surprised by an ousting of the director's chair).  But they definitely are hoping to avoid losing face by an outright firing.  I doubt he is being given the same freedom at this point...there will be so many cooks in the kitchen trying to salvage this cinematic universe that I'd be surprised if too many decent meals came out of it.

And we haven't heard a peep about Orci's involvement or that he has actually done anything since he "stepped down" as director.  He was fired politely more likely. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Snyder lasts beyond this next movie in any capacity (if some other DC movies that are forthcoming pre-the JL movie under-perform...I would not be surprised by an ousting of the director's chair).  But they definitely are hoping to avoid losing face by an outright firing.  I doubt he is being given the same freedom at this point...there will be so many cooks in the kitchen trying to salvage this cinematic universe that I'd be surprised if too many decent meals came out of it.

It depends on if WB allows for a single, unified vision. Perhaps if they allow Affleck to do that, they might come out all right.

kenman   

It depends on if WB allows for a single, unified vision. Perhaps if they allow Affleck to do that, they might come out all right.

Well isn't Wonder Woman practically done being shot already?  If that or Suicide Squad don't do the numbers they want whether fair or accurate or not they will want a fall guy to pin it on, and Snyder will probably get the boot due to "Creative differences" which means "We don't trust this guy with a billion dollars no more...and he disagrees with that assessment"

Ben Affleck "Incredibly Unhappy" About BATMAN v SUPERMAN Reception; New Details On JUSTICE LEAGUE Role

Earlier today, we learned that Ben Affleck has been upgraded to EP on Justice League, but what role will he play? It sounds like the actor and director has an axe to grind with Warner Bros. anyway...

Well isn't Wonder Woman practically done being shot already?  If that or Suicide Squad don't do the numbers they want whether fair or accurate or not they will want a fall guy to pin it on, and Snyder will probably get the boot due to "Creative differences" which means "We don't trust this guy with a billion dollars no more...and he disagrees with that assessment"

You're right that WW is all but in the can already and, even with these alleged "lighten the tone" reshoots, I have zero hopes for Squad.

Ben Affleck "Incredibly Unhappy" About BATMAN v SUPERMAN Reception; New Details On JUSTICE LEAGUE Role

Earlier today, we learned that Ben Affleck has been upgraded to EP on Justice League, but what role will he play? It sounds like the actor and director has an axe to grind with Warner Bros. anyway...

This really sounds like the first step in Snyder's ouster.

I'm obviously not the biggest Affleck fan in the world, but I do believe he is a talented writer and director.  However, would he be right for DC MOVIES?

It would depend on who he surrounds himself with and if his desire is to make the best film possible, or to make HIS vision a reality.  Big difference.  Ego kills.

Ben Affleck does not know better than DC experts who have written good stories. But he could be smart enough to hire those guys.

I've already said what I would do--bring Superman back quickly, and then ignore the events of MOS and BVS.

Change the tone completely. 

Change the tone completely. 

I really think this is where they've painted themselves into a corner. They were so happy with Snyder's 300 type vision(somber, dark, lack of humour, etc...) and the success of the DK Trilogy that they doubled down on it thinking that it was a winning vision. 

So, if they were to change their tone it would invite immediate comparison to Marvel's formula(and it is a formula). I think there's a fear of loss of face here. 

May we all have jobs like this where we are paid millions to produce garbage and still keep our job.....and still get paid millions. 

So, if they were to change their tone it would invite immediate comparison to Marvel's formula(and it is a formula). I think there's a fear of loss of face here. 

Better to lose a little face than lose a lot of money.

Better to lose a little face than lose a lot of money.

I agree. Let the shouts of "copycats" fill the air if it brings a better movie. The comparison at the moment isn't going too well for DC. 

I'd rather be favorably compared to another similar product than stand on my own with a universally accepted bad one.

GREEN LANTERN CORPS Delayed By Warner Bros.; GODZILLA 2 And GODZILLA VS. KONG Get New Release Dates

WB has shaken up their release schedule for several 2018 - 2020 movies, and the highly anticipated films listed above are among the casualties! Hit the jump for details on how much longer you'll be waiting...

GREEN LANTERN CORPS Delayed By Warner Bros.; GODZILLA 2 And GODZILLA VS. KONG Get New Release Dates

WB has shaken up their release schedule for several 2018 - 2020 movies, and the highly anticipated films listed above are among the casualties! Hit the jump for details on how much longer you'll be waiting...

Give me Godzilla over a new Green Lantern movie ANY day of the week... good call, WB.

In fairness, like many DC movies, the Green Lantern one could have been done better.  Maybe they tried to do too much in one movie, and Ryan Reynolds was not the right guy for the role.  Hal Jordan is a Chris Pine or Ben Browder type.  And the script got a little dull.  But some of the coolest ideas in recent years were based on the Green Lantern Corps.  The potential is there.  But like everything else with DC, the writers are not.

In fairness, like many DC movies, the Green Lantern one could have been done better.  Maybe they tried to do too much in one movie, and Ryan Reynolds was not the right guy for the role.  Hal Jordan is a Chris Pine or Ben Browder type.  And the script got a little dull.  But some of the coolest ideas in recent years were based on the Green Lantern Corps.  The potential is there.  But like everything else with DC, the writers are not.

That movie was the worst movie I've paid to see in a theatre for the last 5 years; and that includes "Cowboys And Aliens" as well as the bats#!t crazy "Jupiter Ascending." 

Well then YOU haven't paid to see enough bad movies then.:D

And I would argue that BvS is MUCH worse.

When I saw GL, I thought, "not as bad as I thought it would be," and "at least they tried to do it somewhat right."  Bad execution.

But with BvS, that haze over the screen that made everything dark?  That was Snyder's arrogance. 

Well then YOU haven't paid to see enough bad movies then.:D

And I would argue that BvS is MUCH worse.

When I saw GL, I thought, "not as bad as I thought it would be," and "at least they tried to do it somewhat right."  Bad execution.

But with BvS, that haze over the screen that made everything dark?  That was Snyder's arrogance. 

Funny.

I had the exact opposite take.  

We went into GL hoping to love it (my wife is a huge GL fan; she used to have a GL license plate frame on her old car).   We almost walked out.

I went to see BvS (wife didn't want to go) and I wound up enjoying a bit more than I thought I would; it's a deeply flawed movie, granted.  But nowhere near the Razzie magnet that GL was.   GL was simply horrible in every way.   At least BvS had moments I could enjoy (and casting choices; namely Irons and Affleck).   Every decision made by the GL team, from the script to the FX to the casting (Blake Lively as a glamorpuss fighter pilot AND press agent??) was just....wrong

I rarely say this, but GL had absolutely NO redeeming features whatsoever.   I (almost literally) hated every minute of it.  From the 'evil mad scientist' cliche to the giant killer cloud/turds to the 'hero' dreaming up the most stupid ways around a problem possible.  

Everything about that movie sucked out loud. 

BvS is a hot mess, granted.   But it had a great Batman (who deserved a better movie), a decent (if not spectacular) Wonder Woman, and a superhero fight that while too brief, had some fun fanboy moments.   It's nowhere near Marvel-caliber (neither movie is) but BvS had bits and pieces I enjoyed.    GL's best moment was when the credits came up and I knew it was coming to an end.   At lunch afterward, my wife and I and our friend (who came with us) all agreed that we wanted to walk out, but were worried that one of us wouldn't want to leave early.  If only we'd known...

And you know GL is bad when even star Ryan Reynolds basically spends a sizable chunk of Deadpool (and Deadpool press junkets) making fun of it... 

Hard to see that superhero fight in the dark. 

Wonder Woman really was all about good music--the only good music in the movie.  I didn't think it had a GREAT Batman--more like a good Punisher.  Batman doesn't behave anything like Affleck's version did.  The bastardization of the characters to me was far more offensive than GL.

And yes, Deadpool making fun of it was worth the movie alone.

Considering what DC has been cranking out.....I would skip that GL movie. 

Hard to see that superhero fight in the dark. 

Wonder Woman really was all about good music--the only good music in the movie.  I didn't think it had a GREAT Batman--more like a good Punisher.  Batman doesn't behave anything like Affleck's version did.  The bastardization of the characters to me was far more offensive than GL.

And yes, Deadpool making fun of it was worth the movie alone.

I listened to the score the day of release and it really is terrible almost from beginning to end.

Are you talking about the score from Batman v. Superman?  Don't confuse my statement of WONDER WOMAN'S music for an endorsement of the whole score.  The music WAS terrible--except for Wonder Woman.  It's like a broken clock that was right twice a day.  I really think that's why people are gushing over the character.

Are you talking about the score from Batman v. Superman?  Don't confuse my statement of WONDER WOMAN'S music for an endorsement of the whole score.  The music WAS terrible--except for Wonder Woman.  It's like a broken clock that was right twice a day.  I really think that's why people are gushing over the character.

I was, yes, and I understood and was agreeing with you. There are only three tracks that are listenable, with WW's being one of them. Zimmer is capable of worlds better.

I was, yes, and I understood and was agreeing with you. There are only three tracks that are listenable, with WW's being one of them. Zimmer is capable of worlds better.

His score for "Interstellar" was well... stellar.   He is a great composer when he puts his mind to it; but like any other big screen composer?  He can sometimes do a score on autopilot (BvS was one of them; and yes, the WW motif was OK, but it didn't quite knock my socks off). 

Sign in to follow this