Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

DC Movies Crisis ? JUSTICE LEAGUE in Chaos ?

700 posts in this topic

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Check Out A Higher Quality Superman Promo Image of Henry Cavill as Superman an.....hey, wait a minute, wasnt he dead ???? LOL

20689973_10214082617638660_8310750211656

Gus

Brief New JUSTICE LEAGUE Synopsis Makes WONDER WOMAN's Importance Clear

A new synopsis for Justice League has found its way online and it makes it clear that Wonder Woman - who recently starred in her own wildly successful solo movie - is a key part in assembling the team.   MINOR SPOILERS

4 minutes ago, GustavoLeao said:
Brief New JUSTICE LEAGUE Synopsis Makes WONDER WOMAN's Importance Clear

A new synopsis for Justice League has found its way online and it makes it clear that Wonder Woman - who recently starred in her own wildly successful solo movie - is a key part in assembling the team.   MINOR SPOILERS

* begins chant...*

Solo Wonder Woman sequel,

Solo Wonder Woman sequel,

Solo Wonder Woman sequel...:P

That's what I'm waiting for.

Gal Gadot Celebrates WONDER WOMAN Passing $400 Million At The Domestic Box Office ! Just click on the Instragram link and enjoy the party !

Gu

Take a bow, Gal Gadot... you deserve it! ;)

2 minutes ago, Nombrecomun said:

I suspect that gif could be a movie and it would still sell out. ;)

$250 million opening weekend, at least...:laugh:

2 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

I'll just...leave this here

Entry 9

Yeah, well I certainly can't figure it out...:giggle:

1 hour ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Yeah, well I certainly can't figure it out...:giggle:

They might just prefer that Superman not be a d-bag and, you know, maybe heroic.

1 hour ago, prometheus59650 said:

They might just prefer that Superman not be a d-bag and, you know, maybe heroic.

Not super-stalking Lois and her family... also a plus. ;)

An actual conversation this morning after I share the story of an early cut being unwatchable and Whedon recutting apparently half the film.

Duchess: Wait, who directed it first?

Me: Zack Snyder.

Duchess: ...Isn't he the guy that did the other Superman movie?

Me: Yeah.

Duchess: But most people thought that sucked.

Duchess: Then why did they let him direct this one?

Me: If you could provide the answer to that question the Internet would pay you paper money.

1 minute ago, prometheus59650 said:

An actual conversation this morning after I share the story of an early cut being unwatchable and Whedon recutting apparently half the film.

Duchess: Wait, who directed it first?

Me: Zack Snyder.

Duchess: ...Isn't he the guy that did the other Superman movie?

Duchess: But most people thought that sucked.

Duchess: Then why did they let him direct this one?

Me: If you could provide the answer to that question the Internet would pay you paper money.

:laugh:

Love it.

3 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

:laugh:

Love it.

Fortunately, DC seems to be waking up from the fugue of Snyder.

Thank you, Patty Jenkins. :)

5 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

She’s my new DC superhero... :thumbup:

Wonder how much her action figure will go for on Amazon?  :P

1 minute ago, Sehlat Vie said:

She’s my new DC superhero... :thumbup:

Man, if I were her I'd have taken all the reviews and stacked them on the table...and the box office receipts...AND the memo that apparently came from a Warner exec that suggested she cut the trench scene, which started a weeks long fight to keep it with them on the other side before I slapped both palms on the table. "THIS is how you do a superhero movie, boys. See? Zack Snyder and his flippin' narcissistic emo guys with superpowers are NOT heroes and THAT'S why Marvel's been stealin' your damn lunch money."

“Just be wrong. Just stand there in your wrongness and be wrong, and get used to it.”

-- President Bartlett, "The West Wing"

I...umm...wouldn't be particularly humble about my victory. :)

3 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

Man, if I were her I'd have taken all the reviews and stacked them on the table...and the box office receipts...AND the memo that apparently came from a Warner exec that suggested she cut the trench scene, which started a weeks long fight to keep it with them on the other side before I slapped both palms on the table. "THIS is how you do a superhero movie, boys. See? Zack Snyder and his flippin' narcissistic emo guys with superpowers are NOT heroes and THAT'S why Marvel's been stealin' your damn lunch money."

“Just be wrong. Just stand there in your wrongness and be wrong, and get used to it.”

-- President Bartlett, "The West Wing"

I...umm...wouldn't be particularly humble about my victory. :)

I would try to maintain some semblance of humility.... which would last all of fifteen seconds before I broke my arm patting my own back. :laugh:

2 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

I feel like Snyder has never really departed much from his gladiator-like "The 300" heroes.  He superimposes that onto every hero he depicts.  Superman is not a steely gladiator, he has emotions!  The sad thing is that Henry Cavill is perfect for the role and has the acting range.  He just needs the write material and director.  Give Patty Jenkins the reigns to "Man of Steel 2."

Edited by Locutus

Just now, Locutus said:

I feel like Snyder has never really departed much from his gladiator-like "The 300" heroes.  He superimposes that onto every hero he depicts.  Superman is not a steely gladiator, he has emotions!  The sad thing is that Henry Caville is perfect for the role and has the acting range.  He just needs the write material and director.  

As many compare and contrast reviews of Snyder and Jenkins has pointed out, Snyder heroes are not. They are dark, bitter people who have no love of humanity or love of doing the right thing for its own sake. It, on some level, is about what's in it for them, or, even worse, them doing what they do just to show off. And that 300 cinematic style? The greys and the hyper CGI. It seems like, these days, it's all the man knows how to do.

I'd really like to see Cavill try the job with Snyder nowhere near him. 

22 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

As many compare and contrast reviews of Snyder and Jenkins has pointed out, Snyder heroes are not. They are dark, bitter people who have no love of humanity or love of doing the right thing for its own sake. It, on some level, is about what's in it for them, or, even worse, them doing what they do just to show off. And that 300 cinematic style? The greys and the hyper CGI. It seems like, these days, it's all the man knows how to do.

I'd really like to see Cavill try the job with Snyder nowhere near him. 

I agree regarding the 300 cinematic style.  It can be used in small doses but not all over the place.  

It will be interesting to see if Joss Whedon can inject some humanity into the characters for Justice League.  Unfortunately, I am not as big a fan of his Avengers movies as most.  I expect he will inject some levity, but humanity ... not so sure.  The studios usual mistake slapstick one-liners for "humanity" these days.  I want a movie with emotion, drama, and a HEART!  Wonder Woman had it all, so did Logan in a different way, which suprised me.

Edited by Locutus

1 hour ago, Locutus said:

I agree regarding the 300 cinematic style.  It can be used in small doses but not all over the place.  

It will be interesting to see if Joss Whedon can inject some humanity into the characters for Justice League.  Unfortunately, I am not as big a fan of his Avengers movies as most.  I expect he will inject some levity, but humanity ... not so sure.  The studios usual mistake slapstick one-liners for "humanity" these days.  I want a movie with emotion, drama, and a HEART!  Wonder Woman had it all, so did Logan in a different way, which suprised me.

Honestly, I can't call myself a fan of Ultron either. I barely remember it, to be honest.

But, compared to anything Snyder would do, Whedon's work will be a revelation.

WW and Logan, and Logan in particular are really elevated super hero movies. I put WW in there for the way Jenkins treated her and treated Steve Trevor. Too many male directors would have, in order to not diminish the man.create at least one instance where he saved her. Jenkins kept them in their own spheres and let them be heroic there. He was a mortal hero and she was WW and they stuck to their skill sets.

Logan was everything the Wolverine solos should have been.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash And Cyborg Stand Tall On This New Banner ! Hey, where's Superman ??? LOL

Ugh, except from Gal Gadot, it looks like the low-budget 1994 JUSTICE  LEAGUE TV Pilot.

20862002_10214134912946010_5832951755798

Edited by GustavoLeao

I'm really not holding out hope for a film that has to be gutted and reshot before a November release..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0