Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

DC Movies Crisis ? JUSTICE LEAGUE in Chaos ?

523 posts in this topic

Someone please get Christian Bale on the phone !

Affleck life is a mess right now, because of his divorce with Jennifer Garner, He has not denied that he is leaving Batman, so this seems likelty

Gus

I don't know if he is 'a mess'; do we have any way of knowing that for certain?  I hate to try to guess others' personal feelings, but oh well...

At any rate, I wouldn't place blame of the current DC movies' creative failures at the feet of Affleck, and I still believe he was arguably the best of the modern Batmen.  Bale was excellent, but his lispy, raspy Bat-voice just sounds a bit silly to me these days (despite my enormous LOVE for the Nolanverse DK trilogy; I still think it was the best DC adaptation since 1978's Superman movie).  

The fact that the Bale-Bat voice has been parodied on YouTube so often doesn't really help either...:giggle:

Affleck life is a mess right now, because of his divorce with Jennifer Garner, He has not denied that he is leaving Batman, so this seems likelty

Gus

His divorce seems to be fairly amicable, as far as those things can be. The announced divorce 2 years ago...and they apparently still sort of live together with their children. I wouldn't call it a mess. Also he just won an Oscar not too long ago so I'm sure he is just frustrated with the quality of where this role is going.

Gus

His divorce seems to be fairly amicable, as far as those things can be. The announced divorce 2 years ago...and they apparently still sort of live together with their children. I wouldn't call it a mess. Also he just won an Oscar not too long ago so I'm sure he is just frustrated with the quality of where this role is going.

Well, agreed. I just doing reading the tabloid stuff LOL

Gus

Gus

Well, agreed. I just doing reading the tabloid stuff LOL

Gus

Ugh... Careful, Gus. That's how "Bowling Green Massacres" and phony Swedish attacks happen.:giggle:

Posted (edited)

Here's a new exciting Brazilian promo for WONDER WOMAN movie, which opens on June 2, 2017. Maybe, judging by the trailers, it will be a good, fun movie, even if Chris Pine is in it,as this promo does more than remind us of him ! LOL

Edited by GustavoLeao

Did Chris Pine sleep with your wife? Run over your dog? :)

I like him and pretty much everything he's done. Hell, I even liked the Jack Ryan reboot.

That said, all I'm seeing are the action bits in WW, and I'm not at all sure at this point that the actual bits in between (you know, the movie) will be any better than anything else the stunningly inept DC has come up with for theaters.

That video didn't show much, and the best thing about Wonder Woman so far is the music.

25 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

Did Chris Pine sleep with your wife? Run over your dog? :)

I like him and pretty much everything he's done. Hell, I even liked the Jack Ryan reboot.

That said, all I'm seeing are the action bits in WW, and I'm not at all sure at this point that the actual bits in between (you know, the movie) will be any better than anything else the stunningly inept DC has come up with for theaters.

He killed my cat, the bastard.

Oh, and sleep with my wife. But just once LOL

Gus

15 minutes ago, GustavoLeao said:

He killed my cat, the bastard.

Oh, and sleep with my wife. But just once LOL

Gus

That explains it at least. :)

On 08/03/2017 at 2:37 PM, prometheus59650 said:

New WONDER WOMAN Trailer Starring Gal Gadot Reveals The Future Of Justice And It's Epic!

We've been waiting all day, but Warner Bros. has finally released the third trailer for Wonder Woman and it's packed full of awesome action and story reveals as the history of Diana Prince is revealed.

Still can't decide if good movie or good editing.

Oh, thank God is not Zach Snyder ! Still, its only  a rumor.......

KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE Director Matthew Vaughn Reportedly Eyed To Helm MAN OF STEEL Sequel

The search for a director for Man of Steel 2 has now begun, and it appears Warner Bros. is looking to Matthew Vaughn (Kingsman: The Secret Service, Kick-Ass) to helm the superhero sequel...

1 hour ago, GustavoLeao said:

Oh, thank God is not Zach Snyder ! Still, its only  a rumor.......

KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE Director Matthew Vaughn Reportedly Eyed To Helm MAN OF STEEL Sequel

The search for a director for Man of Steel 2 has now begun, and it appears Warner Bros. is looking to Matthew Vaughn (Kingsman: The Secret Service, Kick-Ass) to helm the superhero sequel...

If true, great news. Kingsmen was great on many levels. If they let him write it, too, that'd be even better news.

While I personally didn't care for Kingsman, I enjoyed Kick-Ass and X-Men: First Class was the first film in that series in a while that entertained me (and I've always been lukewarm to the X-Men film franchise, even the so-called great ones).  He could be a good choice for Superman, but these suits have a way of really screwing the pooch and overriding their fine filmmakers these days.  Ever since Nolan's Batman series ended they've just been chasing that gold but without a creative dude in the center of it to really make it work. 

I'm still hoping it's good.

10 hours ago, prometheus59650 said:

I'm still hoping it's good.

I'm cautiously interested, but for me?  No one can ever quite fill Lynda Carter's um....shoes.  * blushes *

At any rate, my wife is the greater DC fan than I am, so we'll probably see it.  But again, I'm trying to keep my expectations really low...

46 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I'm cautiously interested, but for me?  No one can ever quite fill Lynda Carter's um....shoes.  * blushes *

At any rate, my wife is the greater DC fan than I am, so we'll probably see it.  But again, I'm trying to keep my expectations really low...

linda-carter-01.jpg

Yeah...shoes...that's it.

1 hour ago, prometheus59650 said:

linda-carter-01.jpg

Yeah...shoes...that's it.

I'm sorry, I meant boots... :giggle:

22 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I'm sorry, I meant boots... :giggle:

I think you mistyped the 4th letter. :P

4 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

I think you mistyped the 4th letter. :P

Books?  :giggle:

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Books?  :giggle:

Touche.

Keep at it. LOL. When you find it, you'll know. ;) 

Edited by prometheus59650

What DC Film Do You Want To See Replace THE BATMAN In 2018?

With Ben Affleck's solo Batman film now off of WB's 2018 release schedule, five contenders have emerged to replace it - including Gotham City Sirens (starring Margot Robbie and possibly Megan Fox), Green Lantern, a Justice League Dark movie and more. What do you wanna see from the DC universe on the big screen next year

2 hours ago, GustavoLeao said:
What DC Film Do You Want To See Replace THE BATMAN In 2018?

With Ben Affleck's solo Batman film now off of WB's 2018 release schedule, five contenders have emerged to replace it - including Gotham City Sirens (starring Margot Robbie and possibly Megan Fox), Green Lantern, a Justice League Dark movie and more. What do you wanna see from the DC universe on the big screen next year

Cat Grant: The Motion Picture, starring the irreplaceable Callista Flockhart.....:thumbup:

1 hour ago, Sehlat Vie said:

Cat Grant: The Motion Picture, starring the irreplaceable Callista Flockhart.....:thumbup:

I haven't watched it since season 1.5, but once they got rid of her there really is no reason to revisit it. She was the anchor in every way that mattered.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0