Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GustavoLeao

Marina Sirtis

14 posts in this topic

No, not really.   Nothing against Sirtis, but I'm afraid that ship has sailed.   But I wouldn't be opposed to her having another role in a future ST production (she also does the computer voice in ST Continues...).

Well, depends... assuming the new tv series indeed is an anthology series, and they make one season situated in the late 24th century ... why not? But her appearance should be meaningful. If it isn't, rather not... don't spoil her (or the others') legacy with meaningless stunts.

I like Sirtis. Even though her role wasn't always written in the best manner, she did a good job, IMO. But Star Trek should really go into the future, not back.

I am not really interested in seeing Troi again, but I would love to see Sir Patrick reprise Picard or maybe some of the DS9 gang like Sisko, Worf, or Kira.  An anthology series could go anywhere (if that rumor is to be believed). 

Well, depends... assuming the new tv series indeed is an anthology series, and they make one season situated in the late 24th century ... why not? But her appearance should be meaningful. If it isn't, rather not... don't spoil her (or the others') legacy with meaningless stunts.

I like Sirtis. Even though her role wasn't always written in the best manner, she did a good job, IMO. But Star Trek should really go into the future, not back.

^
What he said. 
:)

I'm sorry, no. I have no problem at all with Sirtis. I like her. But Troi was a waste except for literally a handful of episodes.

No thanks.

Depends on how Troi is written. People in the 24th century age slower, so if they set the episode, say 50 or 60 years after TNG, I doubt she'd still be serving on a starship.

Depends on how Troi is written. People in the 24th century age slower, so if they set the episode, say 50 or 60 years after TNG, I doubt she'd still be serving on a starship.

It would be funny to have some kind of cameo where Troi is in the same middle-aged 'heat' that her mother was... and Riker struggling with exhaustion and dehydration.  :laugh:

Robert Beltran (Chakotay) and Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax) and Cirroc Lofton (as an adult Jake Sisko) will reprise their VOY and DS9 roles (wait, isnt Jadzia dead ???) in episodes 2 and 3 of the fan film series STAR TREK RENEGADES, if CBS and Paramount dont pull the plug on RENEGADES also. I served as a conssultant in the first RENEGADES, but know nothing about the new episodes.

Nichelle NIchols is also playing Admiral Uhura and revealed this will be the last time he plays her iconic TOS role.

So why not Sirtis and Frakes in the CBS ALl Access series, maybe in a time travel episode ? I like both of them.

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

Robert Beltran (Chakotay) and Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax) and Cirroc Lofton (as an adult Jake Sisko) will reprise their VOY and DS9 roles (wait, isnt Jadzia dead ???) in episodes 2 and 3 of the fan film series STAR TREK RENEGADES, if CBS and Paramount dont pull the plug on RENEGADES also. I served as a conssultant in the first RENEGADES, but know nothing about the new episodes.

Nichelle NIchols is also playing Admiral Uhura and revealed this will be the last time he plays her iconic TOS role.

So why not Sirtis and Frakes in the CBS ALl Access series, maybe in a time travel episode ? I like both of them.

Gus

I don't see exactly how Farrell can come back as Jadzia (??)... oh well; not that I'd mind seeing her in the role again (huge Jadzia fan) but I'd like her return to make sense and not just be a far-reaching improbable resurrection just for a cameo's sake.

Gus

I don't see exactly how Farrell can come back as Jadzia (??)... oh well; not that I'd mind seeing her in the role again (huge Jadzia fan) but I'd like her return to make sense and not just be a far-reaching improbable resurrection just for a cameo's sake.

They could do something like they did in that episode where previous Dax hosts come alive--have a visitaton from a previous Dax host (Jadzia) in some sort of sequence, although not sure what they'd do about Ezri then.  Also, isn't she alive and well in the Mirror Universe?

Gus

They could do something like they did in that episode where previous Dax hosts come alive--have a visitaton from a previous Dax host (Jadzia) in some sort of sequence, although not sure what they'd do about Ezri then.  Also, isn't she alive and well in the Mirror Universe?

Good question.

We saw Ezri in the last DS9 mirror episode, "The Emperor's New Cloak", but I don't recall a mention of Jadzia's status (or whether or not Ezri or Jadzia even carried the Dax symbiote in the mirror universe...).

According to Memory Alpha, mirror universe Jadzia died during a skirmish. 

However, Jadzia could come back as a hologram - they have mobile emitters and the ability to create extremely realistic simulations of real people (e.g. Leah Brahms).

According to Memory Alpha, mirror universe Jadzia died during a skirmish. 

However, Jadzia could come back as a hologram - they have mobile emitters and the ability to create extremely realistic simulations of real people (e.g. Leah Brahms).

True.

And Renegades part 1 already established mobile holographic characters other than the EMH. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0