Sign in to follow this  
Panashe

I can't submit posts.

I've been on a number of BBS's through the years but this one has me confused. Usually after the last post there is a box for you to compose and submit your own post, however with the exception of the Feedback & Help subforum there doesn't seem to be any way of posting. Nor can I quote other posters as a "way in."

What's the trick?

I only joined a few days ago.

Welcome Panashe!  We're glad to have you aboard.

To prevent bots from registering and messing up our forums, we implemented the rule that new members must first make 2 posts in existing topics before they are able to start new topics of their own. One exception is the "Introductions and Celebrations" forum, where you can start a topic after you register and it will count as 1 post.

It's unusual that you're not able to make a post in an existing topic.  I'll ask Frontier to take a look.  A new version of the board was recently installed, and a few bugs have been discovered since then.  This may be another bug.  Either way, go ahead an post a new topic in the "Introductions and Celebrations" forum.  This will satisfy the 2 post requirement and should open your member privs.