GustavoLeao

FOR THE LOVE OF SPOCK : THE MOVIE

76 posts in this topic

BEWARE OF SHAMELESS PLUG : And here is my name as "Star Trek Reseacher" on the end credits of FOR THE LOVE OF SPOCK ! Yay ! Life does not get better than this !

14291915_1287848767900166_22803594983965

Be sure to catch For The Love Of Spock in theaters, on demand, or in the iTunes store now! Please support this wonderful movie

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

Having just seen it I have to share the general consensus that you can skip the back third as it's a bit self-serving on the part of Adam Nimoy.

I completely understand. But you know after working my butt on this great movie, thus my opinion is biased. I think its a great movie to celebrate the 50th anniversary and kudos to Adam Nimoy and the people at 455 Films.

Cant wait for the DS9 documentary from them !

Gus

I really loved to have worked on this movie. This validates my 16-year ternure as editor of TrekWeb. Now I cant rest about STAR TREK and concentrate on other things.

I really loved to have worked on this movie. This validates my 16-year ternure as editor of TrekWeb. Now I cant rest about STAR TREK and concentrate on other things.

^
How active were you in the production?  Did they call you a lot?  Just curious. 

I worked in a daily basis for over 6 months last year.  We talked - me and the producers at 455 Films - a lot, via email and Facebook. I think they appreciated my work because they asked me back to research the upcoming DS9 docu for them. Never talked to Adam Nimoy, but the producers told me he was very pleased with my research.

Gus

Edited by GustavoLeao

I worked in a daily basis for over 6 months last year.  We talked - me and the producers at 455 Films - a lot, via email and Facebook. I think they appreciated my work because they asked me back to research the upcoming DS9 docu for them. Never talked to Adam Nimoy, but the producers told me he was very pleased with my research.

Gus

I met Adam Nimoy briefly at Comic Con in 2015; he was on a panel (along with "The Martian" author Andy Weir) on science fiction's influences on real-life technology.  Considering his dad had passed away only months before, he seemed affable.  

And it sounds like you were a valuable resource to the production.   Looking forward to the DS9 documentary.  :)

Been meaning to watch this. It's on the list. 

It's on iTunes, FYI.   

Gus

I met Adam Nimoy briefly at Comic Con in 2015; he was on a panel (along with "The Martian" author Andy Weir) on science fiction's influences on real-life technology.  Considering his dad had passed away only months before, he seemed affable.  

And it sounds like you were a valuable resource to the production.   Looking forward to the DS9 documentary.  :)

Thanks Sehlat, I quite enjoyed it. I so sorry that my dad is not here, because dad was a huge Leonard Nimoy fan and he would be proud that I worked in such a great movie. I hope he is seeing it and smiling, wherever he is.

And researching DS9 is more tough tham researching Mr Nimoy life and career, thats for sure.

Thanks again.

It's on iTunes, FYI.   

Thanks. We've got it on our cable 'On demand' too - it's just finding a time when Mrs Bland and/or the bairn aren't watching TV because sadly, I think I'm alone on this one.

It's on iTunes, FYI.   

Thanks. We've got it on our cable 'On demand' too - it's just finding a time when Mrs Bland and/or the bairn aren't watching TV because sadly, I think I'm alone on this one.

Quickly, Robin!  To the Man Cave... :laugh:

tumblr_mu5t0juusT1s2wio8o1_500.gif

* sorry... couldn't resist * :P

FOR THE LOVE OF SPOCK premieres on Brazil on December 2nd on the brazilian version of the Comic Con.....yay ! Too bad I will not go to Sao Paulo.....sigh

1000654_10210708112518141_27736800170048