Sign in to follow this  
prometheus59650

Anybody Have a Chromebook?

I'm considering purchasing one, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Good app selection? Reliable? Can I store my document creation on the system. Pros? Cons? Random thoughts? I only need a system for light word processing, surfing, and playing my music and videos.

kc1966   

Our school has bought them and most of the students hate them.  I am not big with this type of thing and teenagers are so I'm  just passing along what they say.  Most have said they wished the school had gone with Macs.  That's about all I can say.  Biggest complaint I have heard, concerning school work, is that without wifi they are useless. 

Our school has bought them and most of the students hate them.  I am not big with this type of thing and teenagers are so I'm  just passing along what they say.  Most have said they wished the school had gone with Macs.  That's about all I can say.  Biggest complaint I have heard, concerning school work, is that without wifi they are useless. 

I'm a Mac man myself, so I'm not qualified to speak on chromebooks.

I wish I would have seen this thread earlier.  I have had two chromebooks.  I recently purchased the toshiba full HD model for $269.  I love them, there is so little that can go wrong with a chromebook.  Especially the one I am using now which is fanless and uses a SSD drive instead of the moving parts regular hard drive.

Thanks for the input. I ultimately decided on a Dell 15.6 PC laptop.

What pushed me over was the edge was the lack of apps...that Google now seems to be putting an end to by allowing most Chromebooks to get apps from the play store by the end of the year.

Sign in to follow this