Sign in to follow this  
Space Elf

I Have A Question

I am curious as to why I can not reply or quote in threads posted in the Promenade forum but I am allowed to start them. What is wrong?

Since I'm only a silly moderator and not a doctor.... 

giphy.gif

... I'll leave this one for one of our far more brilliant tech folks.:P   And hopefully they'll get on this one soon.   ;)

And Kenman's right; others have had similar problems and I think they might have a solution for you, Space Elf.

I can't find any reason for this to be.

I think at one point when we began the forum we had a rank restriction on it, but I can't remember for sure.  Either way, we've upgraded many times since then and I find nothing in the forum or the groups still with any sort of restriction.  And if it was a restriction, it would stop you from creating topics, not replying to existing ones...

Anyone else having this currently?

We did upgrade a few weeks/months ago again, and it has caused a few minor hiccups like this, but... this makes no sense.  :S

I'm still having trouble it just says next topic or previous no reply button or a way for me to quote it. I wonder what is wrong.

When you're logged on, do you see a text box next to your avatar (just like the text box next to my avatar)?

space-elf.thumb.jpg.fa0a3c1ae4b056257985

That is the problem as I am missing the text box. And the reply box I'm using now is also missing in that forum.

OK, well Frontier is on it.  He's still finding bugs from the upgrade and is working them out.  Hopefully, one of those fixes will take care of the Reply text box issue that some are experiencing.

Have you tried a different browser?  I use Google Chrome and everything seems to be working fine.

Could it possibly be a Window size issue?  My wife was working on an Ally bank account on Monday and couldn't find the log-off button.  I pinched the image down to a smaller size and Bingo! it appeared in its normal location below the header.  Just a wild-ass thought.

I only have a problem in that forum all other forums work. However, I did shrink in that forum and it still did not have one. I'm going to say I'm unsure. If it helps I only use firefox as my web browser.

Since the other forums work, I'd rule out the web browser.  The only other thing I'd suggest is click the Refresh button on your browser.  Maybe your browser is using a cached copy of the web page.

OK, well Frontier has researched the issue and couldn't find a problem, and all other recommendations didn't resolve anything.  Since you only have the problem in the Promenade forum, I'd say just start a new topic when you want to reply in that forum.  For some odd reason, your computer isn't allowed to reply or quote to any topics in the Promenade forum.