Sign in to follow this  
kenman

RIP Garry Shandling

kenman   

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/garry-shandling-dead-larry-sanders-show-show-1201738601/

Oh 2016 you blow.  Such a funny, talented, and innovative comedian. I'd hate to see where so many of my favorite sitcoms would be without Larry Sanders.

His episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee seems so sad right now. It's titled "Garry Shandling is Still Alive" and they discuss the death of comedians like Robin Williams. It was a great conversation between two guys who came up together in Stand-up and both ended up revolutionizing the sitcom genre in the 90s, both in different ways. Enjoy:

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/garry-shandling-its-great-that-garry-shandling-is-still-alive

Used to love his show; he was a unique voice in comedy.   Too many of the world's most humorous have been leaving us lately (Robin Williams, Joan Rivers, John Pinette, and many more).

RIP Garry Shandling; you will be missed.

I sincerely hope Jeffrey Tambor gives Garry a 21-"Hey now!" salute.

The Larry Sanders Show was a huge part of my upbringing. He was a mover and shaker in all of comedy.

kenman   

Loved his show on the fledgling Fox Channel. 

Which show is that?  I know "It's Garry Shandling's Show" was on Showtime, and "The Larry Sanders Show" was on HBO.  What show did he have on Fox?

Which show is that?  I know "It's Garry Shandling's Show" was on Showtime, and "The Larry Sanders Show" was on HBO.  What show did he have on Fox?

The same show, "It's Garry Shandling's Show". According to Wikipedia it started in Showtime(I didn't know that) and then went to Fox, which is where I saw it. 

kenman   

The same show, "It's Garry Shandling's Show". According to Wikipedia it started in Showtime(I didn't know that) and then went to Fox, which is where I saw it. 

Oh, I never knew that! I've honestly only seen clips because it was before my time. Looks like a funny and totally unique kind of show, it just isn't readily available. 

Oh, I never knew that! I've honestly only seen clips because it was before my time. Looks like a funny and totally unique kind of show, it just isn't readily available. 

That's what I liked about it. It was very unique. It broke that fourth wall, something I had never seen prior. You saw the set, the audience, etc...It was great. I really loved the theme song. 

kenman   

Yea the theme is very funny and catchy.  I'd love to get a chance to see it someday, come on Netflix!

Sign in to follow this