Sign in to follow this  
GustavoLeao

TO BOLDLY GO Rare Photos from TOS

I always loved it that this was one alien that was SUPPOSED TO look fake. :)

And yet somehow I think the appearance looks pretty good, except for the inexpressive mouth and the stiff neck turning. 

Best Alien Ever!

Is there a better looking alien in the galaxy? I wonder...

cc_zpsjkwnrdic.gif

Edited by Space Elf

And thats is not all Frontier !

Coming from CBS in July is this other 50th anniversary book about rare TOS photos.

Star Trek: The Lost Photographs: Never Before Seen Shots of the Legendary Series

Gus

Amazing how all of these 'lost' photos miraculously turned up in time for the 50th anniversary... 

giphy.gif

.... but nevertheless; here's my all-too-probable response:

giphy.gif

Why?  Because I'm hopelessly, madly, deeply in love with all-things Star Trek.    

Damn you, ghost of Gene Roddenberry... :P

My best regards to author Gerald Gurian for the best STAR TREK book of the year - "To Boldly Go: Rare Photos from the TOS Soundstage - Season One". Go get it and thank me later - this one is a must for Trek fans and historians. You can buy it on Amazon at

http://www.amazon.com/To-Boldly-Go-Photos-Soundstage/dp/0692643850?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Gus

Frontier   

You'd almost think somebody was putting out rare photos are a regular interval for the better part of 10 years or something... :P

Guys, I need your help. Lets go to Amazon and support Gerald Gurian's release of his wonderful tribute to THE ORIGINAL SERIES, the 218 page, full-color interior, softcover volume entitled "To Boldly Go - Rare Photos from the TOS Soundstage: Season One", which is now available for purchase on Amazon at

https://www.amazon.com/Boldly-Go-Photos-Sounds…/…/0692643850

This edition contains approximately 330 rare, behind-the-scenes images - the majority in full and vivid color on large 8.5" by 11" pages - from the making of the first season and pilot episodes of Star Trek: The Original Series. This book is a treasure waiting to be discovered and hope you guys will help plug and promote this book in a year that Paramount doesnt even cared of publishing a 50th anniversary book like this one gem.

13417040_10209723123734037_2288467837129

13458559_10209723124974068_5271724118627

13490617_10209723124254050_6413081782346

Gus

My friends, I am proud to annouce that I received today an autographed copy of the new awesome behind the scenes book TO BOLDLY GO RARE PHOTOS FROM THE TOS SOUNDSTAGE SEASON 2, from  STAR TREK author and historian Gerald Gurian, a wonderful book in every way and a very nice way to celebrate 50 years of TOS.

The "To Boldly Go" season 2 book is a 232 page, full-color interior, softcover and contains a little over 400 rare photos - the majority in vivid color - on large 8.5" x 11" pages, displayed in a similar format to the first season edition. Considering both the Season One & Season Two publications together, over 700 rare, behind-the-scenes production shots, NBC publicity images and candid stills from the making of the first 55 episodes (including the pilots) of TOS are now presented in total!

gazomg   

maybe I am missing something here but these so called rare pics are not exactly rare,

seen all of these before and most of them in higher resolution and used a few in my manips

Maybe they are not that rare, but I loved their presentation in these two books - which really makes for a good 50th anniversary book. Loved it. Kudos to author Gerald Gurian.

Sign in to follow this