Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Bravo

James Horner ST II Score - New Release

I just ordered it about an hour ago,  I almost forgot about it, these Mondo releases tend to sell out quick.  I'm really looking forward to this, TWOK is one of my favourite Trek scores, and an early great from James Horner.

I just ordered it about an hour ago,  I almost forgot about it, these Mondo releases tend to sell out quick.  I'm really looking forward to this, TWOK is one of my favourite Trek scores, and an early great from James Horner.

I had the original '82 LP, but sadly it (and my record collection) were ruined when my old apartment sprung a leak (water pipe behind my kitchen wall, spilled into my living room); thus ruining my record collection (!).  I re-purchased most of it on CD or iTunes but I don't even own an LP player anymore (sadly).  

But if I still had an LP player?  I'd buy it in vinyl in a heartbeat. 

I came across my old collection last year, in surprisingly good shape.  I invested in a new turntable and I have been enjoying vinyl both old and new.  

As well I find that buying vinyl for what I really enjoy makes up for streaming everything else via Apple Music 

You know, it's funny, I had a turntable in the 80s when I was a kid and using it was second nature, but now I'm not even sure I could operate one any more.  Incidentally, I still have the read-along version of Star Trek II with the accompanying vinyl record :)

kenman   

You know, it's funny, I had a turntable in the 80s when I was a kid and using it was second nature, but now I'm not even sure I could operate one any more.  Incidentally, I still have the read-along version of Star Trek II with the accompanying vinyl record :)

I don't have a turntable, my parents still have the same one from when I was a kid (I think they probably got it in the early to mid 80s, before I came along), and they still have the Star Trek: The Motion Picture Read-along book and record. MY parents weren't big LP collectors, but I remember distinctly having that, the first two Weird Al records, the Blues Brothers soundtrack, and the Paul McCartney album "McCartney II." 

Even though it was already past it's prime when I was a kid, I kind of enjoyed it. 

Sign in to follow this