Sign in to follow this  
Robin Bland

Star Wars: Han Solo Movie

2 hours ago, Sehlat Vie said:

A standalone movie called Solo...hehe. :giggle:

I mean, it's the perfect title, right? :vader:

Wonder why it took them sooooo long to announce it?

1 hour ago, Robin Bland said:

I mean, it's the perfect title, right? :vader:

Wonder why it took them sooooo long to announce it?

I know right?  What took them Solo-ng?  :giggle:

Dammit, there I go again...

1 hour ago, Enterprise Discovery said:

I like the title. It works well for the film.

It does. I just wonder why they took so long to announce it.

I'd actually prefer it without the 'A Star Wars Story' tag.

10 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

I know right?  What took them Solo-ng?  :giggle:

Dammit, there I go again...

So-how-lo can you go?

[Runs]

10 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

It does. I just wonder why they took so long to announce it.

I'd actually prefer it without the 'A Star Wars Story' tag.

Maybe they were just waiting until they finished filming.

I actually don't mind it being called Solo: A Star Wars Story, because it keeps Star Wars in the title. Just like Star Trek Beyond, when some posters only had Beyond. I'd prefer that both franchises keep their logos in the titles.

1 minute ago, Enterprise Discovery said:

Maybe they were just waiting until they finished filming.

I actually don't mind it being called Solo: A Star Wars Story, because it keeps Star Wars in the title. Just like Star Trek Beyond, when some posters only had Beyond. I'd prefer that both franchises keep their logos in the titles.

For marketing and merchandising reasons, that makes perfect sense. For aesthetic reasons, it seems very clunky to me. That's purely subjective taste of course.  Yet, note how there was no Star Wars logo in the film of Rogue One - just the title. Nothing more.

Still, SO-LO. You can roll it around your tongue quite nicely.

2 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

For marketing and merchandising reasons, that makes perfect sense. For aesthetic reasons, it seems very clunky to me. That's purely subjective taste of course.  Yet, note how there was no Star Wars logo in the film of Rogue One - just the title. Nothing more.

I did notice that and I would have preferred to have the full title in the film. However, obviously opinion will differ on that.

I'm wondering if the teaser trailer for the film will arrive with Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi. That would be interesting and great.

15 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

It's a one-man show then? :)

Wouldn't it be cool if it was just a soliloquy? All the way through, no-one speaks but Han.

SOLO-GUY

But Chewie would make Wookie-speak, of course.

2 hours ago, Robin Bland said:

So-how-lo can you go?

[Runs]

So low... that’s how low. :giggle:

1 hour ago, prometheus59650 said:

It's a one-man show then? :)

:P

1 hour ago, Tupperfan said:

I don't know who shot the Solo puns first, but don't get cocky!

Tryin’ not to, kid... :P

2 hours ago, Robin Bland said:

90865e9bc3c5e82ac759042154bc9671cb02ed24  << Me, practicing... :P

27 minutes ago, prometheus59650 said:

If I were Howard I'd add a few.

Special content:

- "See what I saved you from?" featurette.

:)

Haha! If anyone's got the clout, it's Howard. I honestly wish we'd get a warts 'n' all special edition, but that'll never happen. Not for 20 years, anyway.

3 minutes ago, Robin Bland said:

Haha! If anyone's got the clout, it's Howard. I honestly wish we'd get a warts 'n' all special edition, but that'll never happen. Not for 20 years, anyway.

By which time I’ll be in my adult diapers and finally giving “The Clone Wars” another chance...:giggle:

5 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

By which time I’ll be in my adult diapers and finally giving “The Clone Wars” another chance...:giggle:

Well, if you take TCW as Dave Filoni's sophomore outing before his master's degree of Rebels (which is, in many ways a lot less lavish in terms of animation) it can be very rewarding. Seeing as Disney are keeping the prequel trilogy, it's a way of making those films work better in the overall narrative. If you can get through the Jar-Jar episodes. There's loads of other stuff that's great - honest. Would I lie to you? :)  You can really tell where Lucas is involved - and when he isn't. Just watching Filoni sharpening his storytelling talents is a fun ride. Like Rebels, it expands the SW universe in unexpected ways.

3 hours ago, Robin Bland said:

Well, if you take TCW as Dave Filoni's sophomore outing before his master's degree of Rebels (which is, in many ways a lot less lavish in terms of animation) it can be very rewarding. Seeing as Disney are keeping the prequel trilogy, it's a way of making those films work better in the overall narrative. If you can get through the Jar-Jar episodes. There's loads of other stuff that's great - honest. Would I lie to you? :)

tumblr_inline_oa3rdldO6K1tblvra_500.gif

3 hours ago, Robin Bland said:

You can really tell where Lucas is involved - and when he isn't. Just watching Filoni sharpening his storytelling talents is a fun ride. Like Rebels, it expands the SW universe in unexpected ways.

I take it that the Lucas-heavy episodes are the ones with extra helpings of Jar-Jar?  :giggle:

51 minutes ago, Sehlat Vie said:

tumblr_inline_oa3rdldO6K1tblvra_500.gif

I take it that the Lucas-heavy episodes are the ones with extra helpings of Jar-Jar?  :giggle:

The very fact that Jar-Jar had a life beyond TPM is all down to Lucas, i think.  There are all sorts of other supporting characters who are fleshed out. But Jar-Jar doesn't even bloody work in TCW.

Sign in to follow this